Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TM3
Streaming Star

How do get my Streaming Channels back in order. They are all mixed up.

Jump to solution

Monday, May 13, 2024--8:57 pm CST

My name is Terry Marvin, I have a TCL Roku TV.  All my regular antenna channels are fine, but my Streaming Channels are all mixed up.  How do I put the streaming channels back in order?

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas)

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do get my Streaming Channels back in order. They are all mixed up.

Jump to solution

Hi @TM3,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you need assistance with setting up your channels in order. We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service. Could you please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Channel logos in your Live TV guide.
  2. Press the * button to open the Channel Options menu.
  3. Select the "Sort channel list" setting.
  4. Choose between "As recommended by Roku" and "By Channel Number".
  5. Select your preferred option to apply the changes.

By default, this setting is "As recommended by Roku," which removes channel numbers from the Guide display. If you prefer a sequential order that displays channel numbers, select "By Channel Number".

Thanks again for posting, and we hope these suggestions help resolve your issue. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TM3,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you need assistance with setting up your channels in order. We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service. Could you please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Channel logos in your Live TV guide.
  2. Press the * button to open the Channel Options menu.
  3. Select the "Sort channel list" setting.
  4. Choose between "As recommended by Roku" and "By Channel Number".
  5. Select your preferred option to apply the changes.

By default, this setting is "As recommended by Roku," which removes channel numbers from the Guide display. If you prefer a sequential order that displays channel numbers, select "By Channel Number".

Thanks again for posting, and we hope these suggestions help resolve your issue. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
CMSCHEVY

Re: How to put the channel guide, back in order?

Jump to solution

Yep they sure have screwed with it! Try to go to category like Reality and a few channels up or down and you back to all channels mixed together, what a mess to navigate! Why break something that was perfectly fine the way it was. Now its useless to even have those categories if just by simply changing a channel up or down it jumps you out of said category. Way to make something less user friendly Roku!

Jump to solution

Pressing the asterisk button does not open the "Channel Options" menu.

Perhaps you should post screen shots with each line of instructions, or (and this is so simple that of course Roku would never do it) simply change (a) the "Settings" menu to include "Sort Channel List", or (b) even more simply (& yes, this would be so convenient that I expect to be arrested for even suggesting it) just have the system default be ACTUAL NUMERICAL ORDER, the way humans naturally think of things!

Dear God ... whomever is the idiot that chose not to do that in the first place should be racked, disemboweled, drawn, & quartered.

EJJAX

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku TV does not have a "Sort channel list" setting.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
EJJAX

Jump to solution

This unfortunate situation occurred when a Roku automatic update happened around th 2nd week of May 2024.

I reset my TCL Roku TV back to factory settings and reestablished my TV antenna channels and connected my streaming channels via WI-FI with my AT&T internet modem. All worked well as my streaming channels appeared in numerical ascending order again. Then about an hour later the automatic update happened and my streaming channels did not appear in numerical sequence any longer. Unfortunately, I have no option to disable automatic updates on my TV.

I have called Roku customer support about 6 times and they advised the next update should resolve the issue. They have no idea when that update will be available. What a shame it is as I've discovered the same issue has happened in the past as reported on the Internet.

Please advise if a solution is known.

Thank you.

Stormyoung

Where are my channels roku and the channel numbers roku??????

Jump to solution

Channels missing and numbers. Have done everything and still nothing.  Roku could not help. This is Not and Optimum/Cable provider problem...This is a Roku problem..  Scan does not fix it, Factory reset does not fix it. Manage channels does not fix it. Roku are liars..They say its not them or their software update and that is a lie. Software update does not work. and factory reset does not work....that alone tells me that its a botched update by roku that has cheated me out of over twenty channels and where the heck did the channel numbers go??? if its not a screw up where are the channel numbers??? this tv is new and works fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Where are my channels roku and the channel numbers roku??????

Jump to solution

Hi @Stormyoung,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We see that you need help organizing your channels effectively. To ensure you receive the best service, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Live TV guide and find the channel logos.
  2. Press the Star (*) button on your remote to open the Channel Options menu.
  3. Select "Sort channel list".
  4. Choose between "As recommended by Roku" (removes channel numbers) or "By Channel Number" (sequential order with numbers).
  5. Select your preferred option to save the changes.

Tip: By default, Roku hides channel numbers. If you prefer them displayed, choose "By Channel Number".

Thank you once again for reaching out. We hope these suggestions help resolve your issue. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
The Roku Community team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.