Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max3191
Channel Surfer

Volume increase MUST READ!

We all haven't gotten anywhere about this volume increase. But I have a big mouth and I got a hold of somebody at TCL. We talked and this is exactly what they found and why.

Forget about these Roku experts they're wrong.

TCL has been in touch with Roku to post in here what I'm going to post but could not promise it it's up to Roku and I know it won't get in here.

Any and I repeat ANY sound bar is going to have this volume increment increases. Here is why! And it goes along with a lot of what is on Google. But let's simplify it and hopefully you'll understand it the way I do now.

The TV is programmed for volume from a range from 1 to 100. In this programming it's looking for the exact range of 1 to 100 in any soundbar. That's why it's jumping. A sound bar will never go from 1- 100 and again this is a programming issue. And update is all it's going to take and that's my opinion.

Everybody is thinking and saying and so did I, that it's jumping increments. Yes you are seeing a jump of 3 or 4 on the volume on the TELEVISION.

IT IS NOT I REPEAT NOT JUMPING INCREMENTS!

WHAT IS OCCURRING BECAUSE THE TV'S PROGRAM WANTS TO FIND THE EXACT RANGE IT HAS THOUGH WE'RE SEEING THE NUMBERS JUMP IT IS A MEASUREMENT RATIO THAT THE SOUND BAR TO THE TV BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATCH IS TRYING TO ADJUST THE RATIO MEASUREMENT.

Yes, it is unacceptable and a pain in the **bleep** that it goes from low to very loud. Again a software update to make the TV stop looking for the exact range it has would solve the problem.

If something is not logical and it does not make sense it is not true or it should not be true.

If a sound bars volume range went from 1 to 100 and it is a powerful powerful speaker system your Windows would probably blow out.

Again it's not the TV jumping in commence The sound bar is trying to ratio the volume difference because of what the TV's program is looking for.

I hope this makes more sense than it just jumping on its own because it does but again either way it's because Roku program their TV to look for the exact same volume range that the TV has when a sound bar will never have that range. And again it doesn't matter what sound bar you use.

I look forward to any comments replies and I really hope these experts see what I've written and contact whoever would be in charge between TCL and Roku to put this information on this community room so we can stop being mad that's not the word I want to use, but again it's the TV PROGRAM LOOKING, LOOKING LOOKING LOOKING FOR A SOUND BAR TO HAVE A VOLUME RANGE OF 1-100.

SO IT'S NOT YOUR SOUNDBAR IT'S THE ROKU TV AND IT'S NOT TCL'S PROGRAMMING IT'S ROKU'S.

0 Kudos