Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lg1416
Reel Rookie

Turn Off Continue Watching on Home Screen

Our Roku is now showing a Continue Watching section at the top of the Home Screen that was not there earlier today.  I don't see any option to turn this feature off.  I do not want my kids to have access to every show that anyone in our house has watched.  This "feature" was not wanted and needs to go away.  Roku - please fix this!

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Cld2023
Reel Rookie

Re: Turn Off Continue Watching on Home Screen

Seconding this. I hate this "option" and it needs to go away. I'll seriously consider dumping my Roku devices if I can't turn this off. 

jonbon
Channel Surfer

Same! Beyond the obvious danger to minors risk of having inappropriate programs easily accessible on the "Continue Watching" section of the home screen, it's just plain annoying! 

I can go into the individual app myself to see what I was watching there. And I typically don't, because many shows that sit in progress are frankly not that great, that's why we don't finish them for months! Duh.

Conap0
Channel Surfer

It’s an absolutely terrible feature, if you want to call it that. It’s absurd to me that it rolled out at all let alone without a means to turn it off. I also hate that my input devices are now all in a separate folder. I use my devices more than the apps, why do I gotta dig for them?

BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

@lg1416 - They are supposed to be releasing an update to disable it. They did not say when. The information from Roku is in the message chain below. They do not really say much.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/How-to-remove-delete-continue-watching-from-...

JeffR
Binge Watcher

Agreed - putting the inputs "in a separate folder" only creates another step to select the desired input.
Make it go away - or - make it user customizable please.

stephenjblake
Reel Rookie

Seconded. Worst feature ever. I updated my reviews on Roku products as they haven't done anything to fix this danger to children.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stephenjblake,

We sincerely regret hearing this. We're here to assist.

May we know your device's current OS? You can check it by going to Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted so we can continue helping.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.