Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed1965
Reel Rookie

Stop adding junk to my home screen!!

I have all the options for my home screen set to "hide." That is because I don't want them there. Every couple of weeks you decide to add something to my home menu. Today I think it was some baking show, which I am not interested in. Stop adding these to my home menu. I don't want them.

I will make this clear for you in terms you understand:

Stop adding things to my home screen that I don't want.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
MassiveBrainage
Binge Watcher

Re: Stop adding junk to my home screen!!

06-02-2024 Edit: Still not happy about the ads, but from a technical aspect, I must admit that the Roku Ultra devices I have now perform flawlessly without exception, every time. So I will tolerate the ads for now and refocus my attention onto the performance of the devices, ads and all. I guess nothing is perfect.

-----------------------------------------------

Original post: This is a suggestion, not a rant.

I am a very long time paying subscriber with 13 ongoing monthly premium content subscriptions: YouTube Premium, SiriusXM, Spotify, Hulu, Max, Prime Video, Paramount+, Peacock, AMC+, Netflix, Disney+, and ESPN.

Roku should utilize this subscriber information and enable this type of user to disable any/all ad panels from their Roku service interface.

I feel that being a paying subscriber to this many services entitles me to a completely ad-free viewing experience.

Comments, suggestions?

0 Kudos
Oakende
Channel Surfer

I recently changed Internet Service Providers and upgraded to fiber, my new provider (Fidium), uses some sort of ad blocker.  I no longer have ads on my home screen.  The big window to the right of the app/channel listing area on all of my Roku devices (7) is just black and blank.  However, every now and then an ad will appear, but it doesn't happen very often.  I really like my new ISP, I have a lot fewer ads on websites and on my mobile phone when connected to WiFi.  Yes, I can disable this feature.  My ISP has an app that allows you to see what the URL of the ads they block and unblock them or just turn off the feature all together.   They also block virus and other things too, all options on the app. 

0 Kudos
MassiveBrainage
Binge Watcher

I wish my ISP (xfinity) had that ...

0 Kudos
MassiveBrainage
Binge Watcher

Well ... I spent last evening setting up my new Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus Android TV Box, $149 from Amazon. Added a custom launcher called "Projectivy", $7 for lifetime use. No ads, ANYWHERE. It has 4gb ram and 32gb rom. My old Roku Ultra 4660 had just 1gb ram and 512mb rom. The comparison is like a VW Beetle to a Dodge  Viper. WOW!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.