Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mk303

Search option missing on Home Screen, located in USA

All of a sudden, my recently-purchased (3 months ago) Roku stick main menu is only showing Home, Streaming Channels, and Settings. It used to have Search and What to Watch, among other options. I have tried restarting the Roku, and updating my zip code (a recommendation found in another reply on this issue).

I am located in Colorado, USA. All support replies I have been able to find on this issue indicate that the reason tends to be regional restrictions, but I’m in a populated area of the US, and this has never been an issue before..it happened as we were watching something. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Search option missing on Home Screen, located in USA

Make sure you're not accessing the 'net through a VPN that masks your location.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

The same has happened to me. My roku in my bedroom is fine, but the one in my living room is doing exactly what you said.  Have you been able to fix it?

0 Kudos
renojim

With any Roku "weirdness", the first thing to try is a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (depending on your model).

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kelb

I have had this problem several times since I got a new 4K stick several months ago.  The most recent time started a couple weeks ago. Then, when I turned it on yesterday, home screen was back to normal. Today it started out normal but the problem returned this evening.  Also during the last 2 weeks, when I have problems with the home screen the Discovery+ app gets moved to the bottom of my list. When the home screen was normal yesterday, Discovery+ was back in its usual place.

Never had these problems with my older streaming sticks. I'm in TN USA. Have tried all the suggested solutions I could find.

0 Kudos
renojim

I have no idea why that seems to happen to some people, but my only suggestion would be that if you're powering from the TV's USB port try the supplied power adapter plugged into the wall.  Maybe if it doesn't power off and on every time with the TV it won't happen.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Kelb

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We truly appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and we're here to assist you in any way possible. To help us better understand the issue you're experiencing, could you please provide us with more details? Any information you can share would be helpful. This will enable us to address the issue efficiently and provide you with the necessary assistance.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

After receiving the information, we will forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos