Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NilDevNull
Binge Watcher

Screen mirroring not working

Screen mirroring stopped working. Not sure why, but NO device I have can mirror - iPhone, Windows system, Linux system, none of them.

On the iPhone, it isn't even "seeing" that Roku anymore when I try to connect using "Screen Mirroring" - my RokuTV doesn't even show...

On the Windows 11 system, I can see the Roku but can't connect to it.

On the Linux system, same thing, I can see the Roku but can't connect to it.

Checked each system (the Windows 11 system is having problems working properly, but nothing has changed on either the iPhone or Linux system).  

Reset network setting on all devices (including the RokuTV) and restarted the router, checked the router's fire wall to ensure that screen mirroring/screen casting/wireless displays aren't blocked, and mad eusr

They are all on the same WiFi network. They are all configured appropriately. The RokuTV has been set-up appropriately following the directions and troubleshooting I've seen in other posts.

Nothing works.  The only thing I haven't done is do a factor reset of the RokuTV because I don't want to have to go through reinstalling everything and reconfiguring it. 

It was working, but subsequent updates of various devices and the RokuTV itself has stopped it from working.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @NilDevNull!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution in utilizing the screen mirroring feature on your Sharp Roku TV again. 

Before we proceed, may we first know when the feature stopped working? Nevertheless, kindly provide us with the following details below as we'd be more than happy to coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to determine the cause and correct this on your TV:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Model of the devices you are trying to screen mirror from and the OS version as well.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you utilize the screen mirror feature again as your convenience and satisfaction are what we always aim for. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NilDevNull
Binge Watcher

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Model: Sharp LC-32LB481U
Serial #: 2N0089810479
Device ID: 8D56C8810479
OS Version: 13.0.0 build 24062-13

Tracker ID: N/A as this is an issue with the computer, not the ROKU device

Device attempting to Mirror:
HP Envy x360 Convertible 15m-ed0xxx
Windows 11 Home 23H2, build 22631.3593

All device drivers updated and current, and by all indications of testing, screen casting is supported by    the graphics hardware, yet Windows reports that "... device doesn't support Miracast..." AND it did work awhile back (don't recall when, but within the past 12 months). So... yeah, there's that.

Nothing I found online to fix the issue within Windows 11 has helped at all. Did everything that was suggested, and nothing.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.