Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielR5

Roku for Windows 10 computers

all i'm trying to do is find out if you can connect Roku to Windows 10. and if you can, is there a special device to do it? and what is the phone number to Roku, Inc. ?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku for Windows 10 computers

If you are trying to connect a Roku player to a Windows 10 PC, the short answer is no, you cannot. And frankly there's no good reason to do so. What possible reason would you want to? If you're trying to use a laptop display to see the Roku screen, it's cheaper and overall better to simply connect it directly to a monitor or TV. 

There's a very small number of computers (regardless of their OS) that have video inputs for connecting devices. It is possible to install a video capture card in a computer for feeding the video and audio from an external device to the computer. The most common use for this is to connect a VCR and turn old home recordings into video files. I have done that with a lot of VHS tapes we made when my kids were growing up. But to connect a Roku and be able to see/capture the video and audio would require a video capture card that has HDMI inputs with HDCP encryption support. Such devices will be very expensive.

Roku has no customer support phone numbers. If you search the web for a Roku support phone number, any such number found will likely be a scam site, and you SHOULD NOT call it. They are not Roku support and will only be trying to steal your personal information and credit card info.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.