Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ukorii
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku can take their coercive TOS and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

A very poor business decision on Roku's part. I can easily stop watching TV again, if Roku continues on this trajectory.

Deb61

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

I'll be sending mine by an official USPS method that gives me a tracking number. It will show that it was delivered, and Roku can't claim that they never received it. 

garymunson

Re: How to fix "Dispute Resolution" message on TV

I bet if you read the agreement for the Roku app, by using it you just agreed to their terms and conditions. That's probably why your TV works again.

0 Kudos
garymunson

Re: Class Action? Anyone Interested

I am. A warning to those who think they are "bypassing" this by using the Roku app. I'd bet buried somewhere in the fine print by using the app you have agreed to the new policy.

nalesnik

Re: I don't agree to Dispute Resolution Terms update. TV now unusable. Now what, Roku?

Unplug TV  and  plug it back in to watch TV programs 

This worked for me 

0 Kudos
tonyg541

How many times is "several"?

I've pressed the Home button well over a dozen times, both in rapid succession and slowly, and the arbitration popup persists! Maybe they've caught on!

0 Kudos
Roiskutrash
Reel Rookie

Re: Class Action? Anyone Interested

It clearly states in the email by continuing to watch you agreed to the terms, that's why them back dating the agreement is a scumbag move on roku's part

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@tonyg541 wrote:

How many times is "several"?

I've pressed the Home button well over a dozen times, both in rapid succession and slowly, and the arbitration popup persists! Maybe they've caught on!

I think they did. It no longer works for me. But since I discovered the agreement really isn't much different from what it had said previously, I finally just accepted it. The issue about arbitration has always been in the terms of service, so that really didn't change. I simply isn't important enough for me, but then other than one Roku TV I bought more than 8 years ago, none of my devices are worth more than $75 so not something I would ever get too worried about if/when they fail some time in the future. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

I just wanna use my TV. I can't do that because of this update. I don't use literally ANY of roku's associated services. All TVs are smart TVs these days and this is a prime example of why that's a god **bleep** problem. Absolutely **bleep** off, Roku.

jcordone
Reel Rookie

Coerced acceptance of new terms... Will not purchase a Roku TV again.

I've purchased several Roku products over the years.  But after this coercion with the change of terms, I will not be buying any future Roku products.  What can you possibly be thinking?  I can go to Walmart right now and buy an 'Onn.' streaming device for $20.  You guys (and I mean A.H.s) have got to be kidding me.

0 Kudos