Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcordone
Reel Rookie

Re: Coerced acceptance of new terms... Will not purchase a Roku TV again.

And you can shove the condescending "First Topic Created!" badge that you just wasted my email space with.

0 Kudos

Re: Class Action? Anyone Interested

I'm in! Please keep us posted. 

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Coerced acceptance of new terms... Will not purchase a Roku TV again.

@jcordone 

Just FYI. These terms have been there for quite some time. Arbitration and no class actions have always been there. This change just now allows mass arbitration. You have already accepted the terms by using a ROKU. It's not really that different from netflix:

https://help.netflix.com/legal/termsofuse

HULU:

https://www.hulu.com/terms-apr-13-2022#section14

and others. Just search for "terms of use" + the service you want to check.

withlove

Re: Class Action? Anyone Interested

I'm definitely interested in the Class Action. I've had this tv for 3 months and now it will not work. I'm livid and still have 18 more payments on this heap. Not to mention I'm stuck recovering without any TV now. A special thanks to Onn and Roku.🙄

NoBiden
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

I'll be taking a hammer to my player and mailing it in pieces to them. I already switched back to my Fire. First I had to deal with their AI each time I moved from my 3 tvs to my laptop or my OC or Amazon tablet. I have two wifi services in my home for office and house so switching between the unit I am watching on and changing the wifi source, they made me feel like a criminal with their family nonsense. In fact my original contract was for their family service. What happened to that? Roku is shades of Disney with Budweiser mixed in.

0 Kudos
NoBiden
Binge Watcher

That's what they hope for...people to act like sheep and accept whatever they wish to shove down your throat. You shouldn't be so accepting.

NoBiden
Binge Watcher

Double "bleep"

0 Kudos
techfan
Streaming Star

I've slightly altered my approach. One button doesn't seem to work for me. I repeat this one every morning, so I know it works with (at least) the TCL TV Roku. Press Home rapidly several times (7-8) and then press the Back button (not the left button) rapidly several times (7-8) times.

To those claiming I am accidentally triggering a complex sequence, I swear these are the ONLY two buttons I press. I can't guarantee this works with all models. I can only guarantee it (currently) works with TCL TV Roku.

It seems to escape mine so I can (at least) switch the input to the receiver. I did notice some operations seem to bring the blackmail notice back up.

Good luck, hope that helps. However, based on the e-mail Roku sent me, it seems they are asserting that simply using the device constitutes agreement. Yet another overreach.

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

For everyone having hissy fits about this, just about every company you deal with will have very similar terms. The only large company I know that does not have an arbitration only clause is amazon. They changed in 2021:

https://www.geekwire.com/2021/amazon-ends-binding-arbitration-customer-disputes-heres-means/

0 Kudos

Re: I don't agree to Dispute Resolution Terms update. TV now unusable. Now what, Roku?

Please tell me how to get pass this situation because I don't agree .Thank you 

0 Kudos