Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mouthpear
Reel Rookie

I do not agree to your terms of service.

Dear Roku, I do not agree to the Dispute Resolution Terms that were presented to me on March 3rd 2024 via the software that is running on my personally owned TV. When presented to me I had to choose between clicking on the agree button accompanying the terms or losing the functionality and therefore replacement value of my TV. This is my legal notice to you that I am retaining my rights to sue you both personally and as a party to a class action suit. Further note that this is called coersion. 

Sincerely,

Name

Signature

HS8026

Re: Dispute Resolution Terms Blocking Access to TV Functionalities

Nope, not going to do it.  My Ultras will be disconnected this week and put in storage. I'll also no longer recommend Roku products in person or online. This is a bad move, and I refuse to be held hostage from using a product I PAID FOR for these types of changes.

0 Kudos
o2night
Streaming Star

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

Now they tricked me into opting in.  At 7 am, after they bricked me again, I tried resetting my television, the way I had been when the popup came up, only this time they made me do a factory reset and agree to the terms before I could get it set up.  I am sending that FAKE OPT-OUT letter, but I already also complained to the FTC, My ATT Gen, the BBB, etc.  I hope they get severely penalized for these sneaky tactics!

UPDATE:   Oh, this just keeps getting better and better!  Even though they made me completely re-set my whole account on this television, they STILL bricked it with the POPUP!!!  STILL have a FROZEN televsion- COMPLETELY BROKEN BY ROKU!

My tvs are Hisense.  I called Hisense and got the same song and dance.  The "tech support" said "if there is a popup showing on the screen, you will need to accept it."  I said, I don't want to.  Can I remove the Roku application some way in order to bypass their update?   "No."

I have installed my Firestick to the television in the living area.  It took another song and dance to finally get the popup to hide for a few seconds, in which I bypassed over to the AVI I had the Firestick in.  Right now, it is working, but that does not mean if I change a program or video, it won't come back.  In the meantime, I am searching my best price for a regular television with no apps.  I can play my Firestick and DVDs on it without Roku nonsense.  I hope many of you will continue to file complaints with the avenues available.  There is definitely a need to stop the hijacking of our equipment.

Smooty
Reel Rookie

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

I was able to fix by removing the sound bar and reconnecting the old Roku stick and remote.  I haven’t tried reconnecting the sound bar yet but since I was able to “agree” it should be ok.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Sasctiffani
Reel Rookie

Forced to agree to terms I disagree with to watch TV

Why are Roku customers being forced to agree with new terms we don’t agree with and now we can’t enjoy tv until we agree. This is ludicrous.

fatkinson
Binge Watcher

Re: Dispute Resolution Terms Blocking Access to TV Functionalities

No, it doesn’t.  I tried that numerous times.  

0 Kudos
DiMayer84

Re: Dispute terms resolution update

The fact that a company who has my credit card and personal info on file wants to waive any lawsuits, is questionable and very concerning. So if our info & cards get hacked into, they're not help responsible? The coercion into agreeing is very shady. I unplugged mine and tossed it to the side. There's other products out there which are similar and better than roku.

fatkinson
Binge Watcher

Re: User Agreement Update / Hostage Unit

Yesterday, I stopped at the Apple Store and purchased an Apple TV box.  I have a deadline to meet in the online class I am taking and can’t take the time to install it until I am done.  It is a pretty intense assignment that has to be completed by Sunday night.  
When I am done, I will be replacing my Roku Streambar.  
It is a shame because I was otherwise satisfied with the unit!  

0 Kudos
6E616D65
Streaming Star

Re: Forced to agree to terms I disagree with to watch TV

You don't have to agree, just having your cat agree is sufficient.

0 Kudos
Sasctiffani
Reel Rookie

Re: Forced to agree to terms I disagree with to watch TV

Of course why didn’t I think of that first smart idiot but I’ll wait for your cat first to see results. Hey let me know the results.

0 Kudos