Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themman

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

There is a smart phone app that will work as a Roku remote. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@themman wrote:

There is a smart phone app that will work as a Roku remote. 

Which has nothing to do with the forced message Roku pushed out to all devices. The app won't let you bypass the message any easier than the remote itself. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
PinUSA

If there's a class action, count me in. In the meantime, replaced my Rokus with onn 4k streamers. Roku lost me as a customer. Recommending the same to family and friends.

Sissy67
Binge Watcher

Re: Class Action? Anyone Interested

I would like to take part of this class action suit against Roku. 
when I first notice the demand from Roku to agree to their updated terms. It was only nine hours at the time that they posted and held my Roku hostage until I agreed to their updated terms, or I would not be able to view my high dollar apps that I’ve already paid for on the Roku 4K streaming stick,. 
I feel that families that have Roku in their homes. The children might’ve just hit agree, just to watch the high dollar apps without their parents knowing. I feel this was a deal with the devil, and the children might have not known what the future may bring if they agreed to Roku terms, and not understand the with the agreement was for which was limited to begin with on the screen, unless you actually seen learn more very tiny area of the demand behind they’re updated demand.

I am for the class action suit against Roku until this day I have not agreed to any of their terms and I have two Roku 4K streaming devices in my home.
so let’s get this class action suit against Roku going you have my support and my complaint here on the Community Roku page.

my complaint is Rukku is holding my 4K streaming stick hostage, unless I agreed to their updated terms and conditions.

my complaint is as well what gives them the right to block what I paid for Netflix $22 Xfinity app $135 a month that I’ve already paid for and still not able to view on my TV. You have my complaint right here.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Class Action? Anyone Interested

You all realize a CA suit would likely provide you with maybe a $5 coupon good for a new Roku device, and best case scenario it might be a $5 check? Class action suits benefit almost no one other than the law-yers. Yes, Roku really messed up big time with the way they pushed this updated information out. It's not the information itself that is bad or wrong, as it's mostly in line with other providers. But the way they did it was not good at all. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
fatkinson
Binge Watcher

From what I can see, you are the one who is having a temper tantrum.  
If you want to ignore this, then just stop posting!  

Sissy67
Binge Watcher

I’m not ignoring this I felt that you probably already hit agree am I right is my argument isn’t with you. My argument is what Roku has done.

And if you were the one who hit a tree, why are you on the page

0 Kudos
Sissy67
Binge Watcher

Let me rephrase that. I don’t agree with what Roku has done. My argument is not with you. It is with Roku’s reason. If you Hit the agree to use Roku. What are you doing on this page.

0 Kudos
Sissy67
Binge Watcher

wow, I just read through your posting history on this On Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement. 
so did you hit the agree button let us know,

0 Kudos
Notright

Re: Dispute Resolution Terms Blocking Access to TV Functionalities

Mine is not a television problem its my plug in cameras that i bought. You are holding my property hostage

0 Kudos