Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFrausto

Roku can’t connect to Bluetooth anymore

Jump to solution

I used to be able to pair my Roku tv to my AirPods, I don’t know if it was a new update but I can’t pair them anymore. I’ve googled it and I no longer have the Bluetooth option anymore I’m guessing that’s why. Has this happened to anybody else?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku can’t connect to Bluetooth anymore

Jump to solution

Hi @JFrausto,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble pairing your AirPods with the Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. Please try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Ensure Bluetooth is enabled: Bluetooth must be turned on or enabled on your Bluetooth device, and your device must not be in 'airplane mode.' With some devices, you may need to turn Bluetooth off and back on to pair it. For help using Bluetooth on your Bluetooth device, refer to the manufacturer's online resources or contact their support center. You can find links to some common manufacturers in the detailed article about connecting Bluetooth to your Roku device.
  • Check your wireless speakers or wireless soundbar: If you have Roku wireless speakers or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar, make sure they are powered on and working. When paired and connected, you will see them listed on the Remotes & Devices menu, as described earlier in this article. If your wireless speakers or wireless soundbar are not connected, you will not be able to pair a Bluetooth device.
  • Check that your Roku device is in pairing mode: Your Roku device must be in pairing mode to allow your smartphone, tablet, or computer to discover it. To enter pairing mode, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Pair Bluetooth device.
  • Move your device closer: Bluetooth allows devices to wirelessly exchange data over short distances (typically less than 30 feet). Try moving your Bluetooth device closer when attempting to pair.
  • Wait longer: If you do not see your Roku device in the list of discovered devices on your Bluetooth device, check that your Roku device is still in the Bluetooth pairing screen, and restart the scan on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Occasionally, Bluetooth devices take longer (30-60 seconds) to discover devices around them.
  • Restart Bluetooth device: In some cases, restarting your Bluetooth device will get it to pair successfully.
  • Eliminate interference: If you already have a Bluetooth device paired and it is nearby, try powering it off if you are attempting to pair a second Bluetooth device.
  • Repeat the pairing process: If a device loses connection, delete pairing information on both your Bluetooth device and Roku device and repeat the pairing process. To delete pairing information on your Bluetooth device, open the list of paired Bluetooth devices and remove or 'forget' your Roku device. On your Roku device, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Bluetooth devices to select your Bluetooth device, and then select Forget this device.

You may also want to check out this support article on resolving issues when connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku device.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

All the best,
John
John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JFrausto,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble pairing your AirPods with the Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. Please try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Ensure Bluetooth is enabled: Bluetooth must be turned on or enabled on your Bluetooth device, and your device must not be in 'airplane mode.' With some devices, you may need to turn Bluetooth off and back on to pair it. For help using Bluetooth on your Bluetooth device, refer to the manufacturer's online resources or contact their support center. You can find links to some common manufacturers in the detailed article about connecting Bluetooth to your Roku device.
  • Check your wireless speakers or wireless soundbar: If you have Roku wireless speakers or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar, make sure they are powered on and working. When paired and connected, you will see them listed on the Remotes & Devices menu, as described earlier in this article. If your wireless speakers or wireless soundbar are not connected, you will not be able to pair a Bluetooth device.
  • Check that your Roku device is in pairing mode: Your Roku device must be in pairing mode to allow your smartphone, tablet, or computer to discover it. To enter pairing mode, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Pair Bluetooth device.
  • Move your device closer: Bluetooth allows devices to wirelessly exchange data over short distances (typically less than 30 feet). Try moving your Bluetooth device closer when attempting to pair.
  • Wait longer: If you do not see your Roku device in the list of discovered devices on your Bluetooth device, check that your Roku device is still in the Bluetooth pairing screen, and restart the scan on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Occasionally, Bluetooth devices take longer (30-60 seconds) to discover devices around them.
  • Restart Bluetooth device: In some cases, restarting your Bluetooth device will get it to pair successfully.
  • Eliminate interference: If you already have a Bluetooth device paired and it is nearby, try powering it off if you are attempting to pair a second Bluetooth device.
  • Repeat the pairing process: If a device loses connection, delete pairing information on both your Bluetooth device and Roku device and repeat the pairing process. To delete pairing information on your Bluetooth device, open the list of paired Bluetooth devices and remove or 'forget' your Roku device. On your Roku device, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Bluetooth devices to select your Bluetooth device, and then select Forget this device.

You may also want to check out this support article on resolving issues when connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku device.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

All the best,
John
John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
papparman

Jump to solution

Since the last software update, the bluetooth function as dissappear. I cannot connect my cellphone via a bluetooth connection.  In the settings the only devices that can be added are either a remote or a speaker.

My Roku Streambar as lost the Bluetooth function.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.