Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nn_mm
Channel Surfer

Is a Roku 2 XS still usable?

I tried using my old 2XS in the kitchen, with an ethernet connection to watch U-Tube BUT it froze on a video that was approx 45 mins in length at the 20 minute mark.

Because I have 50+ channels on our Ultras, those same channels show up on the 2XS.

Will it be worth my trouble to 1) get a new email, 2) setup separate account, 3) resent 2XS 4) install only U-Tube (you-tube) on the new account or is it likely to crash anyway?

Thanks for any ideas?

(Please don't bother recommending to buy a new unit, I know I can do that (-;, but really don't have the extra cash right now).

(The "subject line input validation" insisted that there be at least 25 chars in my subject, so I added "Is a". WT?)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
nn_mm
Channel Surfer

Re: Is a Roku 2 XS still usable?

I tried editing my question above to include that my setup also includes a working micro SD card inserted, but I was  prompted (something like) "correct the issues highlighted below". C'mon Roku!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.