Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff55
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra white light always stays on?

Jump to solution

I did your procedure but my Roku does not have a LED option. It’s a brand new Roku Ultra. So my LED still stays on. I have an older Roku Ultra and the light always goes out. Guess it’s time for a small piece of black tape.🫤

0 Kudos
MarkOB

Jump to solution

Confirmed this works - uncheck the power saving feature and the white LED in the front of the unit will go off after a short pause when the TV is powered off.

MarkOB

Jump to solution

Hey Jeff you can skip the tape, I also just bought two newer Roku Ultra LTs and though there isn't a specific LED setting (I'd checked thoroughly), the trick of unchecking the 20 minute power saving feature did in fact cause the LED to go out after powering off the TV (and a brief pause).

Jeff55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank-you very much!  A great help!

0 Kudos
SandyUT
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra Light stays on full 24/7 and while streaming

Jump to solution

Roku,

I have read many posts on this issue.  I responded in one, but you never commented back.

The indicator light stays on full blast 24/7 and while viewing.  As if the unit never goes to sleep.  It very annoying to have a bright white light under the TV while streaming.  I have had Roku’s for decades and this is the first one with this terrible feature.  

No one likes it.  Can this be fixed?  Will this be fixed?  What is the deal?

0 Kudos
SandyUT
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra Light stays on full 24/7 and while streaming

Jump to solution

Roku doesnt seem to care.  But this community does.  This is **bleep**.

returning all 3 new Roku Ultra with the HORRIBLE BRIGHT light that never turns off.  The old ones are so much more pleasant.

Who in the world thought a blazing LED light was a good idea???   Fire them.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Light stays on full 24/7 and while streaming

Jump to solution

Hi @SandyUT,

We understand your sentiments.

Could you give the provided troubleshooting steps above a shot? It seems to work for other users; we hope this will resolve the issue.

Kindly keep us posted!

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos