Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdague

Roku Ultra - screen mirroring with bluetooth speaker

Jump to solution

Can I use an Ipad to push video to Roku Ultra (connected to TV) but push the audio (from the ipad) from the same stream to a separate bluetooth speaker?   I basically want to use the ipad for a zoom meeting to capture video and audio/microphone from a wireless bluetooth conference speaker but push the video up to a larger TV screen.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra - screen mirroring with bluetooth speaker

Jump to solution

Hi, @cdague.

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to use separate speakers while screen mirroring your Roku Ultra. 

Please be advised that this setup does not allow you to use a speaker while mirroring your screen to Roku Ultra. The sound will only flow directly to the TV where the Roku Ultra is connected. To improve your audio experience, we highly suggest having a Roku Streambar. With its advanced audio technology, the Roku Streambar can significantly elevate your entertainment by delivering clear sound and powerful bass, enhancing your viewing and listening experience. 

You can check out this support article for more information: Getting to know your Roku Streambar.

Let us know if you need help: we're always ready to assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
zilonsio

Airplay screen mirror and Bluetooth Speakers at the same time

Jump to solution

Hi I would like to use a Roku 4k express to wirelessly screen mirror my MacBook OR my iPad to my TV and at the same time use my bluetooth speakers. I've seen different info about this in my searches. Can this be done? And if so is there a difference between using OS or iOS? I saw something about iOS not splitting audio and video when using airplay.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra - screen mirroring with bluetooth speaker

Jump to solution

Hi, @cdague.

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to use separate speakers while screen mirroring your Roku Ultra. 

Please be advised that this setup does not allow you to use a speaker while mirroring your screen to Roku Ultra. The sound will only flow directly to the TV where the Roku Ultra is connected. To improve your audio experience, we highly suggest having a Roku Streambar. With its advanced audio technology, the Roku Streambar can significantly elevate your entertainment by delivering clear sound and powerful bass, enhancing your viewing and listening experience. 

You can check out this support article for more information: Getting to know your Roku Streambar.

Let us know if you need help: we're always ready to assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.