Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Giveth / Roku Taketh Away

@Pywacket3ps wrote:

There needs to be a place under settings where you can choose the 3 grid or 4 grid. 

It's coming, but I don't know when. I'm traveling this week so don't have access to my players that are in the beta group, so I don't know if it's in the next version or not.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JamiS
Channel Surfer

People with vision problems are having problems with the 4-wide. Roku has promised to make it an option to be able to pick the number of icons per row. So far, it's not there. I check about every other day. No joy. 

jnelson851
Channel Surfer

FWIW, a couple months now, and after went back to 3 columns, now there is a choice again.  Mine involuntary went to 4 columns, and I switched back to 3.  4 are kinda small.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@jnelson851 what model Roku do you have, and where are you seeing the menu option to change from 3x/4x? I haven't found it in any of my devices. 

Dan

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

The option for 3x or 4x is being rolled out slowly. It may take a few weeks for everyone to get it.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@andyross Its already been rolling out for months. Roku hasn’t even acknowledged it’s been made official yet. I don’t even get the option on my devices in the beta group. 

Dan

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

What happened over the summer was a plain Beta test with no options. Some got it, most didn't. They learned from the complaints that some liked it, some hated it. Now, they are rolling it out as a user option. Again, they are making sure it doesn't cause problems, especially this close to the holidays. Read in the Tablo forums that a Roku app update they wanted to send out is on hold until January due to a moratorium.

0 Kudos
Username2
Streaming Star

Well I guess this isn't happening. 

JamiS
Channel Surfer

There wasn't a specific 3 Across or 4 Scross option rolled out. Instead, under Home Screen, you are given an option for Large Screen or Small Screen. I think Large Screen gives you 4 tiles per row and Small gives you 3. Nothing like making it clear and logical. 

thearches
Channel Surfer

@JamiS- When I saw your response, I immediately fired up my Roku and drilled down to Settings|Home Screen to try the Large Screen vs Small Screen options.  They aren't there.  Am I doing this right?