Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylorrmt
Channel Surfer

Roku Express keeps rebooting in a loop

Jump to solution

My Roku Model 3930X keeps rebooting in a loop when I try to watch content.  Just now, it's probably rebooted 15-20 times in 10 minutes.

I have done a software update check and it reports that it's software is up to date.

This is making it a chore to try and watch TV.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taylorrmt
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express keeps rebooting in a loop

Jump to solution

I was talking to Roku Support on X and they had be power cycle the TV and the Roku and it seems to have resolved the issue. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @taylorrmt.

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

It has come to our attention that you're experiencing a reboot loop when streaming to your Roku Device. We would like to examine it more closely.

Let us know...

1. Is your Roku Device connected directly to the Power Outlet? If not, connect your Roku directly to the power outlet using a power adapter and see if that makes differences
  2. Also, try doing a System Restart to your Roku player by navigating to (Settings > System > Power (if there is no Power option, skip to System Restart).
  3. Can you please provide the latest Software Version of your Roku? (This can be found in  Settings > System > About.)

We highly recommend trying the steps above to see if it improves your current situation.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
taylorrmt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is plugged directly into a USB power block in the wall outlet. 

I performed the restart. 

Software version is 13.0.0 build 24062-AE

0 Kudos
taylorrmt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s still rebooting frequently. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@taylorrmt 

Try using another power adapter.  Should be rated 5volts, at least 1amp. (not all USB power adapters can supply the necessary power for a Roku device).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
taylorrmt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s been using this USB block for years and has only started doing this rebooting in the last 10 days or so. 

0 Kudos
taylorrmt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was talking to Roku Support on X and they had be power cycle the TV and the Roku and it seems to have resolved the issue. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@taylorrmt 

These power adapters wear out over time.  

The continued rebooting of a Roku device is indicative of a low power supply issue or possible internal issue.  The easiest thing to do is to first replace the power adapter and see if issue persists.

If your TV has a USB port, you can try plugging the Roku device into it and see if issue improves.  If it does, then reinforces the possibility that the power adapter is failing to provide the necessary power that it once did.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.