Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcred2002

Re: Roku 3 - MicroSD Info Please

Jump to solution

You need to insert it with the metal connector bars facing upwards and the written face down. 

0 Kudos
jav1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just for other user's consideration...

Our #Roku 3 (4230U) did not recognize a 32 GB SanDisk MicroSD HC Ultra Uhs-1 Memory Card. I plan to uninstall some of the (many) unused channels to see if that helps.

musicislove
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@jav1 wrote:

Just for other user's consideration...

Our #Roku 3 (4230U) did not recognize a 32 GB SanDisk MicroSD HC Ultra Uhs-1 Memory Card. I plan to uninstall some of the (many) unused channels to see if that helps.

I remember that Roku reccomended a certian brand, but I cannot recall which one ATM.

I will try and see and post back later.

Maybe this is why ...or maybe this is the one and you already know this just trying to contribute here in positive ways.

==

Well I must have been remembering something else, Smiley Frustrated pretty much, anyway,  but here is the link to read ..just in case ya have not seen it.

https://support.roku.com/article/208756158 

Honestly when I put one in I did not really notice any difference in loading apps....my experience only.

0 Kudos
RogerC60
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's pretty common for devices, especially older ones, to not work with memory cards larger than an certain size. I've seen this a lot with digital cameras. I'm not surprised that my Roku 3 won't work with an SD card larger than 8Gbyte.

0 Kudos
JESMITH1

Jump to solution

Well no wonder there seems to be no improvement after buying a Sandisk 2GB card.  I never saw a message regarding formatting.  Guess I might try a larger GB card and try again.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you didn't get a message about it formatting the card then it's possible it's not inserted fully/properly.  In the case of Roku, a smaller card is more likely to work than a larger card.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wingman65

Jump to solution

My 2 Roku 3s 4230s constantly give me messages "a microsd card is now recommended"  I have tried 2 different SanDisk cards, both 32gb, one ultra then I got a sdhc.  Neither will detect.  I have reinserted multiple times.  I found many complaints of this problem on the internet, most tried multiple types/brands of cards trying to find one that works.  I don't want to buy any more.  Am I wasting my time or is there a fix?  Appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
MrJorts

Jump to solution

I bought a 64 GB Class 10 micro SD card and inserted it into my Roku 3, but it does not seem to recognize it.  What else can i do? Ive taken it out and put it back in a few times.

0 Kudos
drdevi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Return that SD card and just buy one from Roku. You surely don't need a 64 MB card.

Go to this link

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player#item-SD02

and scroll to the bottom. They sell 2GB SD cards for $4.99 with free shipping.

0 Kudos
Billfo

Jump to solution

I had same issue with ROKU 3 unit not accepting remote input after powering up cold @ the FORMAT SD Card screen. "HOT" inserting the card allowed the rmote  entry to work. I successfully formated an older 8GB microSD. Thanks!

0 Kudos