Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orvnot42
Reel Rookie

Re: Removing Offensive Ads on Roku Home Screen

Jump to solution

I think grandma and grandpa have seen more in life than you give them credit for - but yes, I agree, no one should have R rated things pop up automatically and we don’t need the kiddos to see this. 

0 Kudos
SCGranny
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, it boils down to keeping the main screen rated G. The month of June is challenging these days everywhere you go. Our veterans get one day of celebration each year while another particular group demands an entire obnoxious month. 

heySkippy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Keep in mind that we are not Roku's customers. We are their product. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings, Community users!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and we'd be more than happy to look closely into this matter and find you the best resolution possible. 

If you are to see any offensive ads or any other inappropriate ads, could you please let us know in which specific channel this was being prompted?

In the meantime, if this is prompted on your Home screen, we suggest referring to our support article on How to Hide Ads and providing us with a photo of the specific ad.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AsifS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Oh thats exactly it!!..  and we can decide to chose other platforms that are not ROKU.  In the end we are willing products, and we should remove ourselves from becoming their product if they are not investing into this product compared to others that would.

0 Kudos
AsifS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Oh thats exactly it!!.. and we can decide to chose other platforms that are not ROKU. In the end we are willing products, and we should remove ourselves from becoming their product if they are not investing into this product compared to others that would.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have to ask, what does it take to become a Streaming Expert not a Roku employee? If you are like me whose has been around a few decades, you might be an expert, but more likely a liberal, whose has no problem with Capitalism.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I think "levels" are based on how many posts and kudos you have.

0 Kudos