Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaT01
Reel Rookie

Dynamic wallpapers disappeared

Jump to solution

Something definitely changed. I had wallpapers up until the 1st week of January 2024. Now what is strange is when I go to "theme" it shows me the options,  I choose 1, but when I go back to my home screen, there's nothing. 

If I try reviewing the wallpaper I choose, it shows it's already there but when I go back to the home screen, it's not loaded.

So when I try searching on the Roku troubleshooting page using the word - wallpapers - nothing comes up for anything referring to the subject. I mean nothing comes up, not even how to set them up. All that comes up is - screen saver and theme packs.

So, that means they must be working on disabling the wallpaper feature 🤔 😳 😠.

If I could hack my TV, I would install my own **bleep** wallpapers and themes and Screensaver. 

I miss my pretty views in the wallpaper feature 😢 😪

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Dynamic wallpapers disappeared

Jump to solution

Hi @AndreaT01,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please check out these support articles here below:

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AndreaT01,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please check out these support articles here below:

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AndreaT01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

WALLPAPERS are not the same as - screen savers or theme packs.

Wallpapers is an additional feature. That tells me you do not understand what I wrote and provided a general response.

So its possible, you do not have a Roku based t.v. (TCL). 

When you go to Settings>Theme>WALLPAPERS, you see what is available. 

My screensaver is fine.

My Theme only loads the screen saver.

My Wallpapers are not working but show they are available to download.

Something is clearly wrong. I have had the t.v. since 2017... Wallpaers stopped working for about a week now.

0 Kudos
Hoevyjc2

Jump to solution

I had the same thing happen on my brand new Roku tv. I just bought it and the wallpaper worked for the first week or so then it’s just gone and I get a black screen behind the app icons. I tried changing the wallpaper and that did nothing. 

AndreaT01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For some reason none of the troubleshooting worked so I unplugged the TV for at least 10 minutes then plugged it back in and the Dynamic Wallpapers worked again.

I'm guessing that when updates were made it affected the settings. If you tried that as well and it doesn't work, then try resetting the TV to factory settings.

I hope this helps because these folks didn't. 

0 Kudos