Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PiecedOff
Binge Watcher

Re: Remove the big search box from Roku home screen

Jump to solution

What I don’t understand…andthis gives me pause for concern…is that there was a wave of users who received this back in May. I had it for two months, and now it has been removed. But now what I’m seeing is a second wave of users, who are just receiving it.

So now I am confused as to how this rollout is being managed and fearful that the feature (so to speak) could return.

Early on, we were told this was a beta test. And now I see another wave of users receiving it, does this mean they’re looking for a better beta? Perhaps for beta or for worse?

Is it a classic case of if you ask a question and don’t like the answer then ask someone else?

Or are they like so many of us simply desperately seeking approval from someone?  Anyone?

The only thing I know for certain is, I had it I hated it and now it’s gone. But other people are still getting it.  Which actually sounds a lot like Covid but that’s another discussion for another forum. 

Tam3me

Jump to solution

Please offer a way to revert the Search to the sidebar, and remove the Continue Watching option from the channel list. They are annoying and only add extra navigation clicks for those of us who don't use them. I doubt that I am alone in wishing for the less cluttered option of the previous home screen. Thanks.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tam3me,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about your inquiry. We appreciate the feedback, and we really value your input. Rest assured that we'll pass this information with the team for review.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ayitaka
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This search bar just recently appeared on my Roku. At first I thought I would just give it a chance. But over a few days I just find it annoying and an extra step to get where I want to go - the apps/channels/services I installed on my Roku. The search bar when you push right is just completely disruptive to the user experience you have built up over the years.

Please either remove the search bar, or at least offer a way to turn it off!

The fact that you did not think users should have a way to turn it off when you implemented this new feature for A/B testing just baffles me. I mean, seriously?

Maskil39
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I really don't need this search bar--which only adds another click when I'm trying to watch TV--and there is no way to remove this?   This was only added recently.   NOT a good move!!!

jbsec

Jump to solution

The new search box is super annoying and just adds one more click for anyone who doesn't use it.  Please add an option to hide it.

Maskil39
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have to buy 2 new large screen TV's for our church.  With this search bar on the screen, I won't Recommend ROKU TV.  --this only complicates matters for those who are operating these TV's.   Epic fail in customer service.  

Questionguy7813
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They’re not done trying to mess up something good. Look at the message boards talking about them adding “Continue Watching” to the Home Screen apps area. Whoever created these “features” has cost them my business. My family usually upgrades from their older products. I’m constantly advising them not to buy anything until Roku decides to stop this. Might as well go Apple since it’s going to be complicated anyway. 

Shylock
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The shows in my search bar are all from Max.  I removed the shows from the now watching feature on Max and they still show on the Roku search bar so tell me how this is an improvement. Please put a way to remove this feature.

Conap0
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. I go wants to sit and type on their tv with their remote whenever they turn on the tv. Who on earth is dreaming up these awful “features” you jokers are pushing out these days. Roll back to the previous OS or make these terrible additions to the is optional. .