Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Questionguy7813
Reel Rookie

Re: Remove the big search box from Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Mine too! Boo Roku for this dumb idea!

Questionguy7813
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Help us out Roku and fix this bug!

jwagoner22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I 100% do NOT want the search bar window on permanent display within my Home screen.  If I want to search, I will use the search option from the left menu.  It's now just an annoying extra click up to get to the channels I want to access in that direction.  Not sure who requested this feature, but it wasn't me.

ack2sf

Jump to solution

This is not a "solution"

Two of my Roku devices just started showing the Search Bar, and I hate it.  I understand why you want it, but you need to give users the ability to turn it off.  I will never, ever, ever use it, so you're not losing anything if you let me disable it.  Please allow users to disable this feature ASAP.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Please be advised that it isn't possible to hide this Search Bar, but you can customize other parts of your left navigation column by going to Home > Settings > Home screen and looking at the options. However, with your feedback and suggestions, we'd like to raise this one for further review.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thp1710

Jump to solution

We understand that this isn't an option now, but people should continue to register their displeasure at this *not* being an option - you've added friction for me every day when I use the interface, rather than the very rare instances where I search.

Please remove and/or add an option to remove!

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @thp1710,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. This is not what we aim for.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and we value your feedback as our valued customer. We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rgrcpu

Jump to solution

Yes please remove the search bar is terrible. There was already a search for those that wanted it. 

Please spend your timeimplementing other useful features like channel pin number lockouts or better parental controls. 

Rockgodtobe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The fact that it was added with no way to turn it off, and 2 months later all we have are replies of "We will forward this to the appropriate department" tells me everything I need to know about how Roku actually feels about feedback.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It's ugly and clutters up what used to be a clean home screen. I guess we will stop using Roku devices. You used to be good, Roku!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.