Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Percula1869
Channel Surfer

Remove QR code from Photo Streams?

Is there a way to remove the QR code that displays every few images on Photo Streams? Or a way to send in feedback or a feature request if not? I have an OLED screen and a recurring logo like that kinda defeats the purpose of a screen saver. Plus it completely ruins the image. There is already a way to get the QR code in the Photo Streams menu, I don’t really need to see it every few images. Thank you in advance for any help. 

88817107-65E8-4CB3-84A4-4E7AC5D8080F.jpeg

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remove QR code from Photo Streams?

@Percula1869-

I have one low end JVC set that is very prone to image retention (I keep the screen saver threshold at 1 minute on that set because I can see effects at even 5 minutes) but since the QR code is only shown occasionally and the picture isn't on all that long before switching to the next one, I don't see that the QR code has any carry over on my screen even on that set.

But I agree completely that the QR code is an eyesore and there needs to be an option to get rid of it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Percula1869
Channel Surfer

I just got the screen so I have no idea how prone it is to image retention or not(really weird it won’t let me call it B***-in, but what ever).  I am at the very least less worried now, so thank you. But yeah, I’d still like to make it go away if for no other reason than the aesthetics.  

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Percula1869 wrote:

(really weird it won’t let me call it B***-in, but what ever)

Yeah, you'll find the choice of text to censor is pretty bizarre.  Not the only weirdity in this $&#@! community software.

I've posted the request to make QR code display optional in the Suggest A Feature area.  Maybe if we're lucky it won't just go into a black hole like most suggestions entered there.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Percula1869
Channel Surfer

I searched everywhere for that #@%$! Suggest a Feature section but couldn’t find it for some reason, so thanks for that!

makaiguy

There used to be a link to Suggest A Feature on the Community home page but it disappeared with the last forum update.  Sigh ...  It took some Google searching to find it again.  Now I've added a bookmark to it on my browser.

I would urge anyone wanting the QR display on Photo Streams to be made optional to please visit the thread below and add your request, or at least mark it with a Kudo to show Roku your support for the request.

Photo Streams - remove QR code option  (https://community.roku.com/t5/Suggest-a-Feature/Photo-Streams-remove-QR-code-option/td-p/847001)

BobsUrUncle
Reel Rookie

I totally agree, the QR code needs to be removed.  It ruins the whole point of the screensaver, and is needlessly there for each picture.  Please remove the QR code!

reports

PLEASE REMOVE 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Percula1869,

A warm welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate your interest and suggestions regarding this matter. We sincerely value your input; rest assured, we'll raise your concern with our team.

Feel free to contact us if there's anything else you still want us to address, and we'll certainly assist and take action.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
Percula1869
Channel Surfer

It’s now been 8 months since I posted this. And you’re just now saying  “We appreciate your interest and suggestions regarding this matter. We sincerely value your input; rest assured, we'll raise your concern with our team.” 

If any of that is true then why has nothing been done? I get emails all the time of people replying the same thing on my post and another post about the same thing. There’s no way it takes 8 months of work to do something as simple as editing a qr code function in an app. if you are going to ignore your customers, don’t post obvious lies like the quote above. It’s bad business practice and only makes for angry customers.