Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJAllyn
Channel Surfer

Re: Remove QR code from Photo Streams?

This has got to be the most irritating part of Photo Streams.

REMOVE THE QR CODE!

3ultra
Reel Rookie

How hard can it be to not display the eyesore QR code?  ..come on Roku!

VoteHank

Lmao, I made an account just to add to this thread. So dumb, seems like such an obvious fix. 

Shass

Good feature ruined. Get rid of QR code.

Thank you for looking into this. I use Live Stream on the monitors at church and my fear is that someone will use the QR code to add pictures just for fun. Mainly our teenagers. They a great students, but you never know.

Again, thanks for meeting with your team to consider making the QR code optional.

Pat

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Ilovegolf2much!

No worries! Your satisfaction and convenience are what we always aim for which is why we're grateful that this has been raised with us so we can forward this to the team. 

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
cobbers83

Remove the stupid QR code. How ridiculous to not have that option already!

Cnavin
Reel Rookie

Is there a timeline to fix this?

Yes please remove the QR code or offer an option to remove it... this could technically be a security concern for some too - not just a nice to have feature! 

This also ruins an otherwise perfect app... but now we're looking into switching to Google/Android instead... just because of this lack of one simple app feature! #RemoveTheQR

Remove the QR Code. It ruins what otherwise is a useful app.

Gujamin
Channel Surfer

Please fix basic Photo Stream features!

Please add the ability to remove the QR code from the Photo Stream app!  It completely ruins my use-case.  And if you could add a feature to change the timing and the transition, that would be wonderful as well.  Also, please update the app so I can script adding photos via a Shortcut.  And enable multiple delete so I don't have to manually delete each photo with a darn confirmation dialog.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.