Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remove 'On Now" row from home screen?

Hi @cuulblu1,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We're sorry for what it has caused to you. Our team is currently aware of this concern that you've had.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mariamarsala
Channel Surfer

If I wanted channel 7 and other stuff on the top of my page, I would put it there.  

I know that Roku is looking to make money when we subscribe to things; but let us decide what we want. I already purchased peacock. I don't need any of the NBC stuff in places where I don't want it. 

mariamarsala
Channel Surfer

I thought it came on because I purchased a subscription to peacock.  After that showed up, then that On Now line showed up.   Like you, I don't want it. 

Jbrund
Reel Rookie

I was going nuts trying to get this “on now” **bleep** off my menu. Glad it’s not just me. Hey Roku….ether get rid of this or give us a way to delete it. 

BogusAddy
Channel Surfer

Thus far, I've seen:

Community Moderator Roku, Takashi
(Wednesday) Re: Remove 'On Now" row from home screen?
     Hi, Community users.
   Thanks for letting us know about your experience regarding the new Roku Home Screen interface, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll go ahead and forward this to the team for review and consideration for us to develop improvements to make the Roku streaming experience even better.
   Once again, we appreciate your feedback, and your input is valuable to us.
   Wishing you all the best,
Kash / Takashi O., Roku Community Moderator
==========================
Community Moderator Roku, John B
(yesterday) Re: Remove 'On Now" row from home screen?
     Hi @community users,
   Thank you for keeping us posted!
   We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience in using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.
   If you need anything else, please keep us posted.
   Kind regards, John, Roku Community Moderator
==========================
Community Moderator Roku. John B
(yesterday) Re: Remove 'On Now" row from home screen?
     Hi (commentator's handle)
   Thanks for keeping us updated!
   We're sorry for what it has caused to you. Our team is currently aware of this concern that you've had.
Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.
   Thanks, John, Roku Community Moderator

We're needing a bit more than platitudes.  Fix. This. Now.  I'll soon be posting the link to this thread on a few social sites.  Let's see how many comments you have to deal with, then.

Kirkstone
Reel Rookie

Just give users the option to move “On Now” to the bottom of the home screen…or have you been paid too much to shove it in our faces?

Please, I'd like an option to disable this.

I've disabled "Live TV" on my home screen, but somehow it's still ok to show "On Now", which is live tv...? I haven't watched live TV in over a decade and have no intention to return. I bought a Roku for it's simplicity to access my streaming apps. On Now is jarring to see each time I use the Roku. 

Please add a feature toggle. Thank you.

jim262

Get rid of this **bleep**!

Caspisak

So any update?

Caspisak

So fix it already!