Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DReamer565

Remote confusion, need a solution with a single remote

I’m getting rid of my cable and switching to streaming. I have 2 roku+ sticks and very happy with them. 
now want to replace the Xfinity box and voice remote on the main tv. 
LG TV, LG Soundbar. I tried connecting one of my roku sticks but found it can’t control the sound bar. 
I want an easy solution for the main tv that will result in a single remote that has voice, and can control TV and Soundbar and the roku. Or do I need to find a different solution? 
Help!!!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote confusion, need a solution with a single remote

Sorry but you'll need a different solution. Roku remotes only control TV's, it's up to the TV to control the soundbar by Hdmi-cec. The roku remotes have voice search feature, it's not voice activated remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DReamer565

That’s a real shame if so. I thought I had read where someone got a universal remote to work with a LG Tv and LG soundbar and a roku. Just not a stick. So I know the stick won’t work. 
the voice feature - yes for search only; is a nice to have. A must have is a single easy to use remote. That turns tv on and off, controls sound thru sound bar, and controls the roku. 
you are saying there is no roku out there of any type that allows this?  Guess I need to look at Amazon fire stick or others. 
I need something easy single remote solution. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Look for a universal IR remote with a LEARNING feature which allows it to capture control signals from other dedicated remotes.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Unfortunately learning IR remotes won't control sticks.

Would need a learning remote and an external Roku box (e.g. express, ultra, streambar).

Not a Roku employee
makaiguy

@MilesT wrote:

Unfortunately learning IR remotes won't control sticks.

Would need a learning remote and an external Roku box (e.g. express, ultra, streambar).

True.  Mea culpa.  The mention of sticks was 'way back the first post and I overlooked it.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.