Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PGB1
Streaming Star

Channel Numbers Are Gone. Posted Solutions Don't Work. Any Hope?

Jump to solution

Hi All!

On the Roku Televisions (3 TCL Brand & One Onn. Brand), the channel numbers for streaming channels disappeared. Over-The-Air channels still have numbers. 

I find channels by the numbers, not the names (which often don't appear) so having the numbers back would be great.

More than one place it is said to:

1. Navigate to the Channel logos in your Live TV guide.
  2. Press the * button to open the Channel Options menu.
  3. Select the "Sort channel list" setting.
  4. Choose between "As recommended by Roku" and "By Channel Number".
  5. Select your preferred option to apply the changes.

Unfortunately, I'm having no luck with "Navigate to the Channel logos in your Live TV guide". To be honest, I don't know what "Channels logo" is. I tried at Home, Settings, each channel, selected channels & everywhere I could find.   No luck

When the above says to Press the * button to open Channel Options menu, nothing happens at any of the many places I tired (mentioned above).

What do you all suppose I'm doing incorrectly?

Thanks For Helping!

Paul

PS: Also recently, any new Favorite that I add goes in top of the list of Favorites instead of in numberical order. Is there hope to fix this too?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel Numbers Are Gone. Posted Solutions Don't Work. Any Hope?

Jump to solution

@PGB1-

While viewing the channel guide:

• Place your cursor over a choice in the second column (Channel names and symbols, ie logos).
    _a.jpg

• Press the Options (*) key on your Roku Remote.

• Choose Sort Channel List

• Choose By Channel Numbers
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@PGB1-

While viewing the channel guide:

• Place your cursor over a choice in the second column (Channel names and symbols, ie logos).
    _a.jpg

• Press the Options (*) key on your Roku Remote.

• Choose Sort Channel List

• Choose By Channel Numbers
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
PGB1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank You for explaining how to do this. I appreciate your help. It worked great.

I apologize that I did not reply sooner. For some reason, I did not get notified when you replied, so I missed it.

Thanks Again!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.