Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisNelson
Reel Rookie

Recently LG TV stopped selecting HDMI 1 when connected Roku Ultra is turned on

Jump to solution

I have used a Roku Ultra with my LG TV for months, maybe longer.  Until recently, when I pressed the power button on the remote, the TV turned on and changed to HDMI 1 to show the Roku main page.  In the last week or so, that stopped working.  It happens sometimes but more often the TV turns on and shows its smart screen and I have to go find the TV remote to select the right input.  The TV prompts me when it gets a firmware update so I can only attribute this to a silent update to the Ultra.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Recently LG TV stopped selecting HDMI 1 when connected Roku Ultra is turned on

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for sharing here in the Roku Community, @ChrisNelson.

Thank you for letting us know about your concern about your TV's input settings for your Roku. We'd like to help you sort it out.

Have you tried checking if the 1-touch play option on your Roku settings was enabled? This setting will allow your TV inputs to recognize your Roku when you press any buttons on your Roku remote. To turn this feature on, navigate to your Home Screen, go to Settings > System > Control other devices > and put a checkmark on the box to enable the feature. 

Try enabling it to see if it makes any difference, and let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Recently LG TV stopped selecting HDMI 1 when connected Roku Ultra is turned on

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for sharing here in the Roku Community, @ChrisNelson.

Thank you for letting us know about your concern about your TV's input settings for your Roku. We'd like to help you sort it out.

Have you tried checking if the 1-touch play option on your Roku settings was enabled? This setting will allow your TV inputs to recognize your Roku when you press any buttons on your Roku remote. To turn this feature on, navigate to your Home Screen, go to Settings > System > Control other devices > and put a checkmark on the box to enable the feature. 

Try enabling it to see if it makes any difference, and let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChrisNelson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

1-touch play was enabled.  I disabled it and reenabled it.  I also updated the firmware in the Ultra.  It seems to be doing the right thing now.

ChrisNelson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I spoke too soon.  Tonight when I pressed a button on the remote, the TV came on showing its Smart menu and not the Roku so HDMI 1 wasn't selected.

MCP1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Experiencing same with Samsung TV. (Not sure if I’m supposed to say this here, or somewhere else.)

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.