Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCP1
Binge Watcher

Startup screen is always HDMI Source Screen

Still-Newbie-Roku-Ultra-user here.

Every time I turn on my TV (Samsung smart) with Roku remote, the Source Input screen takes over half my screen for the first 5-10 secs. See image.

I’ve searched each of the only-3 potential offenders (Samsung TV, YTTV, Roku) for a solution but can’t figure out: 1) which one to adjust; 2) what to adjust.

If helpful, this 1/2-screen takeover is new in the last few days. The first couple of weeks after getting my Roku Ultra, the TV went straight to Roku. I think (not 100% positive) this started last week when I had to reset my TV to deal with some Blink camera wireless router related stuff.

IMG_6587.jpeg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Startup screen is always HDMI Source Screen

It's a TV setting, but I couldn't say exactly which one.  I think Samsung calls it "Smart Hub" or something like that.  You want it to not start with it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MCP1
Binge Watcher

Re: Startup screen is always HDMI Source Screen

Thank you! I'll hunt around for that term, Hub, in the TV settings. This helps to narrow down my focus.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.