Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSIMON212

ROKU 3 - TV Sound only- No pictures - Yes, it's updating

Im using an older ROKU 3 and an older TV that is not a smart tv - standard 1080P. Settings show that I am updated, I can get to the Home Screen. In particular when I go to YOUTUBE TV, I get sound only and no picture. Any suggestions? Do you think a card would help? Thanks, M

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU 3 - TV Sound only- No pictures - Yes, it's updating

If you're speaking of a microSD card, no it wouldn't help.  Have you restarted the Roku 3 as well as unplugging the power from the TV for several seconds to restart it?  Try a different HDMI cable, a different HDMI input on your TV, or a different TV to see if anything helps.  Does it only happen on Youtube TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lynn54

I have a black screen with sound. I have tried everything.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Lynn54,

Thanks for your post. 

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided on our Support page?  If not, we suggest you follow the suggested steps to resolve the issue. 

If still no dice, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Pope21

I’ve tried all of it and my Roku tv still has sound and flickers like picture is going to come on then just black screen. 

0 Kudos