Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teeknepp
Reel Rookie

Private Listening and iPhone 15

Up until yesterday I was able to use Private Listening in the mobile app using my iPhone 15. I use the Roku Streambar. I had received my USB-c AUX adapter to use in my car so I could hear audio in my older model car with my phone. Yesterday was the first day I used that AUX adapter. Now I can’t use Private Listening in Roku. It shows it connects in the app but no sound comes out. Am I missing something? That has to have a direct correlation because I made no other changes. Help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Private Listening and iPhone 15

Hello! @Teeknepp,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about the issue with headphone mode. We are happy to assist you.

Whether using Headphone Mode with your Roku voice remote or the Roku mobile app, review suggestions for the audio issues described below to help troubleshoot.

• Confirm that the volume is not muted or too low to hear.
  • When using wired headphones, check that they are firmly plugged in.
  • When using Bluetooth headphones for mobile Headphone Mode, confirm that they are paired and connected to your phone. For help, visit the website of the manufacturer of your mobile device and/or headphones, or contact them directly.
  • When using Bluetooth headphones paired directly to supported Roku devices, confirm they are paired and connected from the Settings menu.
  • If you have more than one Roku device, be sure to use the remote for the correct device. With mobile Headphone Mode, go to the Devices page (in the Roku mobile app) and make sure you are connected to the correct device.

Please keep us updated on your progress, and we will gladly continue to provide further assistance. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Teeknepp
Reel Rookie

There are no Bluetooth devices enabled. I just need the sound to come out of the phone, not a headset. Nothing is muted and volume turned up. I do have several Roku devices in my house but at the time, I have the right device connected, although I can tell you when I go to another room and reconnect to another device it still won’t work. I plug the phone into my car, then later want to use private listening from my TV to that same phone. I have learned I have to shut the phone off and turn it back on every single time after using the AUX jack in my car. So I have been able to get it to work since yesterday. It’s just weird I now have to do that, before it just automatically connected.

0 Kudos
jjh10718

I have an android phone and have the same issue where private listening no longer works with in the ROKU app.  Currently on app version 10.3.0.3595968.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.