Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura1625
Reel Rookie

Please take off recommended for you row off my tv or tell me how to remove it I don't want it

Please take off recommended for you row off my roku tv or tell me how to remove it. I do not want it on there, it just appeared one day and it is annoying. I was reading up on it, and lots of other people have this issue too and are not happy. It should not have been forced on my tv. There should at least be an option to remove it. The row shows stuff I don't even watch or want to see. I have seen other complaints about this, well you are getting another complaint. I also do not want a response on that you are going to forward it on to a member of your team, I want it removed now or soon as possible. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Please take off recommended for you row off my tv or tell me how to remove it I don't want it

You can turn the recommendations off by going into the "Settings" on the left side of the home page and scroll down to "Home Screen" and you'll see there are many things there you can disable from showing. Go to the "Recommendation Rows" and select "Hide" and they'll disappear.

Unfortunately even when you do this Roku still likes to turn the rows back on occasionally or add a new specific row and have it on by default. I'm constantly going back to this setting and disabling any new annoyance that Roku forces.

Roku is so obsessed with pushing nonsense like this that it is making a lot of people frustrated. The fact that they won't leave it off when you disable it shows that Roku doesn't care about how you want to configure the settings on your Roku device that you paid for.

0 Kudos
Laura1625
Reel Rookie

Re: Please take off recommended for you row off my tv or tell me how to remove it I don't want it

Thank you so much! It is gone for now. Not expecting it to stay off though. Probably they will add something else. It didn't work right away, but then I turned off the tv and tonight I turned on the tv the row was gone. It was interfering with when I turned on the tv and went to my apps it would always "kick me out" and I would have to start over to get to the apps. Plus the things they advertised is not for me anyway.

Is there any way to remove the ads on the right? I can't stand them either. Sometimes I will watch something that is advertised there but not often.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.