Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimi99
Binge Watcher

Please give us a way to hide new "Categories" on Home Page which now will not load at times

Jump to solution

On 12-01-2023 my home page changed with new categories which can not be hidden, please enable "Hide" so they don't further slow down the loading of the home page. Twice in the past day the home screen did not load at all and the unit had to be unplugged to reset the home page.

thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Please give us a way to hide new "Categories" on Home Page which now will not load at

Jump to solution

And if you have no plans to use it, go into your Roku account online and remove it. That will prevent someone from possibly using it and you end up with subscriptions and changes happening.

View solution in original post

andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Please give us a way to hide new "Categories" on Home Page which now will not load at

Jump to solution

You can now turn off those rows. In Settings/Home screen, there is a "Recommendation rows" option, which you can set to Hide. This replaced the previous "Continue Watching" option.

It may take a day or 2 for this to roll out to everyone.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Jimi99
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Me again, it has happened 2 more times today, when exiting Netflix or Max the Home Screen is blank and will not reload the icons. Please fix the problem soon!!

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No issues with the home screen loading on my Ultra. At least you can now remove the Continue Watching row, but they then threw in the two useless non-removable rows.

Jimi99
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The dreaded blank screen has happened again yesterday and today. It's a suspenseful experience leaving an app waiting for the Home Screen to appear or not.

I have a Roku3 4200X,  software version 12.5.0, build 4152-04

This started happening when the Categories icons that can't be hidden began. I hope this isn't a way for Roku to sell more units for Christmas, it would hurt sales as Christmas presents as well.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I've never seen a Categories on my home screen. Is this something specific to a Roku TV? I haven't seen it on any of my Roku players. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092  It's on my Roku Express 4K+ now. There are two extra rows at the end of the apps list.

IMG_20231204_153839730_HDR.jpg

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Thanks for the image. It's at the bottom of the grid, and I seldom scroll down that far. I just checked my Premiere and it's there as well. That is annoying that they can't be removed, but at least they are down where I will seldom see them. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Remember you can also scroll up from the top. Putting apps at the "bottom" allowed some to be accessed as easily as those just below the home row. Now with the 2 new fixed rows, that is less convenient.

denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@andyross  Yes! If there's an app that I want to access frequently for a while but I don't want to reorganize the apps at the top of my list, I usually just move it to the bottom where I can get to it quickly by scrolling up.

I may have to rethink that strategy now.

0 Kudos
Jimi99
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm hoping someone from Roku will reply and offer a solution to the BLANK SCREEN that occurred again twice so far today. Please fix the bug that was included with the wtf categorie icons. Something was messed up and needs an update to fix the problem.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.