Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Please give us a way to hide new "Categories" on Home Page which now will not load at

Jump to solution

And if you have no plans to use it, go into your Roku account online and remove it. That will prevent someone from possibly using it and you end up with subscriptions and changes happening.

PontifexM
Channel Surfer

Re: Please give us a way to hide new "Categories" on Home Page which now will not load at

Jump to solution

I purchased Apple 3  TV 4K Saturday 

I have given Roku the same response as I have given bud light 💩⚰️🙌💯💯

hopefully many follow and do the same 

remember bud light 😉🤪👍🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can now turn off those rows. In Settings/Home screen, there is a "Recommendation rows" option, which you can set to Hide. This replaced the previous "Continue Watching" option.

It may take a day or 2 for this to roll out to everyone.

Jimi99
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And after a moments silence for the catagories we all suffered.....Thank you Andy for the good news. My new Roku Ultra is pretty great.

thanks again

0 Kudos
DisastifiedAL
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@andyross wrote:

And if you have no plans to use it, go into your Roku account online and remove it. That will prevent someone from possibly using it and you end up with subscriptions and changes happening.

Please give clear instructions on WHERE on the website on the account to remove it or disable it? I'm not finding that.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

From the home screen, go to Settings, then Home screen.

0 Kudos
Katm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have HIDE ticked and all the annoying categories still show up. ROKU, it must be clear by now that we don’t like this new ‘feature’. PLEASE make it stop. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Are you sure it was in Settings/Home screen? Have you tried a reboot after the change? On both of mine, it worked immediately. 

0 Kudos