Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Photo Streams Screensaver - Option to Remove caption

@derekmccurry 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on screen? Is the QR code being generated from the Roku Photo Streams channel, or is it possible it is from the artwork that you have downloaded?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GuyMott
Reel Rookie

Here is a photo of my TV with the Roku Photo Streams screensaver. In the lower right corner is the QR code that is the problem. It is not part of the artwork - it says "Photo Streams" and it falls outside the boundary of the photograph.

This QR code is displayed every 5th photo during the slide-show. After a photo with the QR code, then there are 4 photos without QR code, then another photo with the QR code. Here is the same TV during the same screensaver slide-show, without the QR code.

Please get rid of this QR code. It's totally unnecessary and it ruins the slide-show screensaver.

Thanks -

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@derekmccurry 

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team for consideration.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
derekmccurry
Reel Rookie

Here are a couple more photos depicting the QR code that everyone seems to hate. 😁 I appreciate that you guys actively review and consider user feedback!

IMG_9193.JPGIMG_9194.JPG

mtn_lion
Channel Surfer

The QR code is 100% coming from the Roku Photo Steams channel itself—superimposed on the images in our photo streams—and there is currently no option to avoid or disable it, regardless of the content of any individual customer’s photo stream.

As GuyMott said, the QR code appears on every fifth photo displayed in the screensaver.  Below is a photo of my TV’s screen showing one of the images in my photo stream screensaver, with the Roku-imposed QR code in the lower-right corner.  Who needs this?!  It “breaks the spell” of the slideshow, like an ad.  Please remove or provide option to disable.

Thank you for your attention to this issue!

Best…

05A329F8-6B04-4EEA-A381-B76172582538.jpeg

0 Kudos
derekmccurry
Reel Rookie

Yea, I know... that's why I've submitted this request to Roku to have it removed. I don't work for Roku. I'm a user like you.

0 Kudos
mtn_lion
Channel Surfer

Sorry, I’m an idiot and got confused about who is Derek and who is Danny.  I was replying (or trying to) to Danny’s request for more info, just like you did.  Anyway, finger’s crossed….

derekmccurry
Reel Rookie

Ha, no worries! Yes, fingers crossed the Roku team will provide an option to remove this dang QR code!

@RokuDanny-R  - I understand the idea behind the QR code. If someone doesn't know how to add images to Photo Streams, the QR code is a nice/easy way for them to do that for the first time. I would suggest that once the user uploads images to their Photo Streams album, the QR code then disappears forever as the user now understands how to upload photos. I hope that makes sense.

DanTN

Photo Stream's annoying "scan to add photos to photo streams" and QRCode superimposition

I just set up my Roku Photo Stream.  Does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying QR Code and "Scan to add photos to Photo Stream" that shows up superimposed on random photos?

Thanks!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Photo Stream's annoying "scan to add photos to photo streams" and QRCode superimpositi

Many, many people have complained about it.  As of now it's not possible to get rid of it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.