Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ginfay

Re: Photo Streams Not Working

I was given the Roku stick from a family member so that's how I inherited the Roku.  I'm sure others on here might have been given their Roku stick or maybe bought it on eBay or something.  The first thing Roku should suggest, if there's an issue, is to reset the Roku stick back to default before using the Photostream.

gnoinc
Channel Surfer

@RokuJohnB We are using a streaming stick with the Photo Streams app, but it keeps un-linking from our Google Photos account. This happens at least once a week, where I need to re-link the account. 

It is troublesome, because we are trying to use the Roku as a digital signage display.

0 Kudos
gnoinc
Channel Surfer

@RokuJohnB – I'm checking in on this, not sure why nobody is available to assist with this

CliffsideJim
Binge Watcher

It is disappointing. 

gnoinc
Channel Surfer

Well, they made the decision easy for me. Ditched the Roku for a Chromecast and... voila! Google Photos are magically synced up just fine. A shame that I had to abandon the platform I use on six other TVs just to get this to work.

0 Kudos
CliffsideJim
Binge Watcher

It would be nice if Roku would acknowledge the bug and let us know if they have any hope of fixing it.

gnoinc
Channel Surfer

Yes, I can't understand why they remain to include the feature or promote it if it doesn't work and they won't acknowledge the issue in any way. Was an embarrassment for our organization, and they're just operating business as usual.

0 Kudos