Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
home-belmont
Reel Rookie

Guest Mode menu missing options like Live TV after checkout date selected and restart

I am starting a new thread as the old one was changed to solved (Re: Latest Update BROKE Guest Mode!!!!) but I experienced the same issue again.

After selecting the checkout date, the Roku device restarts. The items on the menu are then: Home/Search/Streaming Channels/Guest Options/Settings. Several menu items are missing. If you then restart the Roku device again, it comes back up (still in guest mode) but now has 22 instead of 17 apps and includes additional menu items like What to watch/Live TV/Featured Free/Sports/Streaming Store.

Why aren't the same options available after the first restart? Live TV is key feature for renters, and I have to give them instructions to manually restart after the restart to get around this issue.

Model: 3820R2 - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial number: X02500W6UGTX (S0J73366UGTX)

Software Version: 12.5.5 build 4174-E6

GC version: 10.7.26

Timestamp: 2024-05-15T18:44:52Z

Issue ID: TX-195-524

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.