Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjacobssr

Photo Streams Not Working

Hi all,

I'm trying to get Photo Streams to play an album of photos for my TV's screensaver but every time I select Photo Streams or allow the screensaver timer to default to Streams it just shows the title page and nothing happens. I've checked other fixes and channels that asked for a system update (already done) but nothing is solving this issue. Any help out there?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Keliqueen1

Re: Photo Streams Not Working

Hi, 

I am having the exact same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jjacobssr @Keliqueen1
Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clush

Hello, having the same issue here. Was it ever resolved? 
Thanks

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clush,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching us and we would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. What kind of issue are you experiencing?
  2. Did you make any changes to your Roku device recently?
  3. Are you receiving error messages or codes?
  4. What Roku model device are you using?
  5. Can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ICT316

This appears to still be an issue. 
When selecting Settings > Theme > Screensavers, the Photo Streams icon, then Set as screensaver.

Then, selected “Preview (current screensaver)”. It briefly shows a full-screen purple Photo Streams logo screen, then returns back to the Photo Streams settings page. Nothing happens. Doing the same with another screensaver works fine/as expected. 

Uninstalled the Photo Streams app, checked for system updates (none), restarted system, reinstalled Photo Streams - same result  

model: 3810RW

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @ICT316

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community.

Your information has been forwarded to the Roku team for further investigation. Please be informed that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team is closely examining it. You can be assured that once more details become available, we will update this Community thread accordingly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Kelimc9

Same thing happening here. Posting a reply so I can be notified when the issue is fixed. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Dougesnow

Photo stream was working great but all of a sudden it isn't working on any of my devices.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kelimc9 @Dougesnow,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having difficulties accessing Photo streams. If the issue still persists, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • photo or video illustrating the issue so we can better understand what is occurring

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos