Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: OS 12.5 beginning rollout

• I am stuck in @RecoveryMode w my #Express+ I had ver 12.0 no problem but after several resets,  reboots & unplugging device it still is locked on purple screen searching for wireless network page..need help! Any suggestions? Thanks!
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Soul_Journey, if you're using the TV's USB port for power, try using the supplied power adapter.  If you're already doing that, it doesn't hurt to try a different one and/or a different USB cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
conker
Channel Surfer

On 12.5 I can't get my TCL R655 to recognize USB drives.

For example, my main flash drive worked fine until 12.5 rolled out. I've tried reformatting it as NTFS then back to exFAT.

The drive flashes when plugged in (it's getting power) but the TV doesn't recognize it at all.

I've also tried pulling power from the TV, waiting, and powering it back on.

The flash drive works in multiple other devices, and worked fine on this TV until recently.

I've seen similar reports from others across the web. I think 12.5 (or something else recent) broke USB device support on some Roku devices.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Did you check the TV settings? You can check in Settings/System/USB Media.

0 Kudos
conker
Channel Surfer

The settings are fine, and are the same as they always have been.

Auto-launch is set to Prompt. Launch channel is Roku Media Player.

When testing, I'm manually launching Roku Media Player anyway. The USB flash drive doesn't show up at all. My network sources and media there are all fine. The USB device simply doesn't exist as far as the TV is concerned.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Being a TV, maybe there are separate hardware settings to enable/disable USB?

0 Kudos
conker
Channel Surfer

It's a Roku TV.

There are no separate settings. It's all Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @conker,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with your issue. Please check out this support article here on why your Roku streaming device does not recognize my external USB drive.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
conker
Channel Surfer

The flash drive worked in the USB port on the TV before.

It doesn't need an external power supply.

It still works in other devices just fine.

I've already tried reformatting it as both NTFS and exFAT.  The TV doesn't detect it in either case.

It is a TCL Roku 55R655.  This is new behavior on the TV.  I used the same flash drive on it a few months ago without issue.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@conker,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Have you tried another USB to see if that makes any difference? If the issue persists, please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos