Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAC69

Google Home + Roku -> No Longer Turns TV on/off but can perform all other operations

So I've purchased an onn 75 inch roku smart tv 3 days ago, set it up, linked it to my Google home and it won't let me cut TV on or off either. It's preformed correctly on everything else, tried the suggestion seen here but home keeps telling me something went wrong when trying to complete command. What's the way around it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Google Home + Roku -> No Longer Turns TV on/off but can perform all other operations

Hi @MAC69,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with your Roku device. Have you tried enabling Fast Start on your Roku device to see if it resolves the issue you are seeing?

For more references, visit our Support page: How do I use Google to control my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted on what you find out!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brian4750
Streaming Star

Re: Google Home + Roku -> No Longer Turns TV on/off but can perform all other operations

I have the Close to the same issue with a Hisense Roku TV and an Open ticket with Roku support.

well not really.

sorry for the confusion.

tv is seen in both Alexa and Google Home but neither can control it all.

Still waiting on Roku Support feedback.

FYI Apple home can control it.

0 Kudos
TN2
Channel Surfer

Same issue with my new Hisense TV.

Support ticket opened as well.

It does work on the older Sanyo TV just not the new one.

0 Kudos

Same issue here. I just bought a 50” ONN tv and my Google home won’t work with it. Apple Home does though. I’ve also opened a support ticket and waiting. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TN2 @Brayden_Lehew,

Greeting from the Roku Community!

We have communicated this with the appropriate Roku team, and they're currently looking into it. In the meantime, could you also share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.