Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vcabrera
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 12.5] Soundbar Pro constantly crashing since 11/2/23 update!!

I would like to add my self with the same problem as the one described by the post author, also is not uncommon that the soundbar pro when you turn it on simple does not send video signal at all and need to be unplug from the power and plugged again for it to start working again that paired with the random crash and restart several times a day it is rendering the experience quite annoying and frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Vcabrera,

We're sending you a warm welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcchi
Reel Rookie

I also have this same problem. The soundbar used to work so well. It’s been like this for a few months now. It’s super frustrating because I have the whole sound system. 

Model- 9101X

Serial Number: YL00DT652958

Software Version: 12.5.0 - build 4178-95

Device ID: R6607D652958

This happens on most channels — YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, MAX. It has to be a software issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @jcchi,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Please provide us with the tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vcabrera
Reel Rookie

Actually when it happened the soundbar became unresponsive and reset by it self, this is what it show after it came back online:

Issue report tracker

Model: 9101R2 - Roku Streambar Pro

Serial number: YL0019440157 (3K6351440157)

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4178-95

GC version: 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2024-01-07T18:38:277

Please use issue ID 57-009-758 to report the current issue.

OK

prin

LIVE T

0 Kudos
Vcabrera
Reel Rookie

This last time happens on Netflix while I finish a movie and start another one. But in other occurrences where in others app like prime, youtube, etc since I use netflix the most if where I almost get it at least twice in a day (some times even more) 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Vcabrera,

Thanks for the post,

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcchi
Reel Rookie

Here’s the ID — 58-010-005 is the ID after it crashed and rebooted. The screen freezes and I can’t get an ID in the exact moment when the issue is happening. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@jcchi,

Thanks for the post,

We wanted to let you know that we will continue investigating your reported issue and hope to provide you with a more detailed update when additional information is available.

Thanks for your continued patience. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Best regards, 

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ddubov

Another frustrated customer here.

Tracker ID 52-031-756

Happens when changing apps, especially with Apple TV+. PBS app starts but crashes and reverts to Roku home screen.

Have tried multiple restarts, resetting network, etc.

Please fix this!

0 Kudos