Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Re: OS11.0: Hopefully more stable than 10.5 was at launch

Then why is Roku admitting this is their problem, then? Why are they handing out time estimates of 2-3 months from now?

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

And no more Dolby Vision on HBO Max.

Which service is next - Netflix? Disney+?

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

You don't seem to understand that it is the channel development that is responsible for the changes in their systems and not roku.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Toddwrtr  You do realize the response you got was just a robotic canned response. unless you can actually talk to a Roku developer that admits it’s something on their end then you’re gonna get nowhere. If the problem was on Roku then it would affect every single channel across-the-board. It is up to the app developer to fix bugs that are in their app. The HBO Max app has been filled with bugs for a very long time across all platforms. If they company has a bug in their channel on Roku it is up to that company to fix it not Roku. You’re asking for Roku’s to come out with a blank a dead fix across all channels and that is not the issue here. The issue is with a specific channel therefore it is up to the channel developer to fix it. I’ve seen your responses in Paramount and on Facebook. Although I do agree with you to a certain extent you’re barking up the wrong tree. You’re getting generic responses from Paramount and Roku’s for people that aren’t even on the development team. Do you think Apple would really care if your Facebook is not working properly on iOS? No. It will be up to Meadow to fix it to run properly on iOS. 

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

True 99% of the time.

Very occasionally the platform developer will make the change to correct/revert behaviour that isn't used by every channel/app but impacted just a few.  Likely to be a negotiation between platform dev and channel dev, justified on different interpretation of docs or undocumented behavior that worked then it didn't, but is agreed as reasonable expectation.

Very much the exception that tests the rule, but that'sa possible scenario.

As we aren't in those conversations, and neither is support, we will never know the true story. Just need to wait for someone in the "ecosystem" to fix it. Smiley Sad

Not a Roku employee
MADx
Binge Watcher

I'm on Version 10.5 and my HBOMax Dolby Vision broke today.

0 Kudos
jed2
Streaming Star

I noticed this too, in addition to the greater problem for some of us with channels not even working.

0 Kudos
jed2
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 11.0] Hopefully more stable than 10.5 was at launch

So far, for a number of users, channels have entirely stopped working.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@MADx wrote:

I'm on Version 10.5 and my HBOMax Dolby Vision broke today.

That's something HBO has to resolve. There's no issue with the Roku OS and Dolby Vision with other channels. I've tested Vudu, Movies Anywhere and Netflix, as well as a couple of DV test clips I have, and DV played just fine. 

Unfortunately, HBO has a poor track record of supporting their apps on all devices, not just Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Just a note: Roku has released a version update and the problem with older devices not reading NTFS USB drives appears to be fixed. That was the one major bugaboo that 11.0 seemed to have. Now it's just a few specific channels that need to be fixed, and that's not something Roku can do. It has to be done by the 3rd party channel developer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.