Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rando55
Channel Surfer

os 11.0 build 4168-91 "channels could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from network"

Jump to solution

ALL channels including the Roku channel will not run. "could not be reinstalled from the network"

Occurred After update 11.0 Build 4168 on April 6 2022.

Network connection is good. Others devices on network are working properly. Tried resetting Roku. Still wont run channels. After resetting tried to add back channels I use, Netflix will not even add to home screen "channel install failed".

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

We are aware that that some users that have updated to OS 11.0 are seeing an issue with an error that states "could not be reinstalled from the network". Please be aware that this is only affecting a small subset of users who are using a Zyxel router and in certain regions, most Roku customers are not impacted by this issue. 

We are actively investigating this issue and we expect this issue to be resolved soon.

If you are experiencing this issue and have not already provided the following information, please provide us with:

• Roku device model,
  • serial number,
  • device ID, 
  • software OS/version
    (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • router/modem make and model

If you feel more comfortable providing this information in a PM (private message), please feel free to send me a PM and I can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

194 REPLIES 194
fwtsen
Binge Watcher

Channel could not run & loading issue

Jump to solution

Two prong issue.

I got the "xxx could not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network"

Try a bunch of steps as outline in the discussion on the topic.

Managed to get the channel to go through start cycle, then it shuts down the channel without loading anything.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Channel could not run & loading issue

Jump to solution

Hi @fwtsen

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
fwtsen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The "xxx could not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network" appeared for all channels.

Followed the Settings System Power  > System restart.

Completed a Factory Reset.

Remove and re-add 3 channels to try it out.

All 3 channel load, then revert back to home screen.

Took everything off power, reset with the reset button on the gadget. 

Now the 3 channels work.

Will have to try to remove and reinstall the rest and see what happens.

Model: 3900X-Roku Express

Software version 11.0.0 build 4168-51

This all happened after an auto software update.

0 Kudos
fwtsen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just removed 2 more channels and tried to add them back in.

The message I get is : "Channel install failed. Could not add xxx channel"

Did a player set via system and still would not let me.

Tried to add on the Roku channel page.....it is already installed on my other 2 Rokus and the add button is grayed out and not functional.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's likely a network problem (even if everything else is working).  Have your restarted your network equipment (gateway/modem/router)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
fwtsen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The 3900X is an older outdated model and by the looks of it you just upgraded to Roku OS 11. Was your Roku working prior to receiving OS 11? There was another gentleman having an issue similar to yours. But it was from within his home network. Turn the Wi-Fi off on your phone and turn your phone into a mobile hotspot. Connect your Roku to your phones hotspot and see what happens. If channels load it will let you know that there’s something wrong with your home network

0 Kudos
fwtsen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Will try that later tonight.

As an aside....I have two other Roku boxes.

One is much much older than this one and is working fine (but have not checked on software version)

Is there a way to install the older software on the problematic Roku box?

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No you can’t roll back unfortunately. Rokus usually will last 3-5 years. Like most of todays electronics they’re not made to last. But a new Roku is inexpensive. Maybe a mod can escalate things. But your out of warranty. Depending on how your other Roku is it may not Be eligible to update the firmware anymore. The 3900X was introduced in 2017. So it’s roughly 5 years old now. There maybe an issue with your model and Roku firmware 11. Exactly what channel are you having issues with? certain companies only support certain models of Roku. You said the ad option is grayed out. That means either you’re out side of a supported country or your Roku model is not supported

0 Kudos