Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yfy
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound when using AirPlay

settings restart of Roku solved the problem. 

RedZooper
Reel Rookie

None of the posted solutions work for my Express 4K+. I can get video to play through Airplay but there's no audio. 

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @RedZooper.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are experiencing unintended behavior when using Airplay, which doesn't have sound. We want to investigate this issue for you.

To begin investigating this, additional information is needed to determine the root cause of the problem:

• When did this issue first occur?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
  • Did you receive any software update recently that might trigger the issue? If so, please provide the latest version of your Software. (You can see this by going to Settings > System > About

In the meantime, try rebooting your Roku by navigating to Settings > System > Power (skip Power if there's no option) and proceeding to System restart. This will correct any system glitches currently causing the problem. 

Let us know how this works. 

Best regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RedZooper
Reel Rookie

@RokuEmmanuel-D 

• The issue has existed since I first used the device a week ago.
  • I've tried restarting, unplugging and plugging back in the device, using a different HDMI cable, 
  • As mentioned above, the issue has existed since day one when it auto updated to the latest software.
0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @RedZooper.

We appreciate you providing extra details about your concern. We'd be happy to pass this on to the appropriate Roku team for review. 

In order for us to proceed, please provide the following details below: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings System About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Device Used
  • Device iOS version

This will help us proceed with the investigation and provide an accurate resolution.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RedZooper
Reel Rookie

@RokuEmmanuel-D 

• Model: 3941X2, serial: X02200KVVGOU, device: S0HAK45VVG0U, OS: 13.1.4-build 1510-E4
  • 0U-321-430
  • iPhone 15 Pro
  • iOS 17.6.1
Userboy99

Roku Ultra LE has no sound when using airplay from my 2020 MacBook Pro  

The sound is fine when mirroring with my Roku TV

The Ultra was supposed to have a better, faster processor than the TV

What gives? Why is this still a thing? It's been a year and it's still not fixed?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.