Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No sound using Apple Airplay on Roku Express 3960X

Hi @Rhering254,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
Currently, our appropriate Roku team is still investigating this issue.

Your extended patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rhering254
Reel Rookie

John,

This only occurs when we mirror our phones or pads with the Roku. If we connect our apple devices to the Roku and stream a video we hear nothing. We have checked the volume on the phone and the TV. We have reviewed all our settings and they are fine. I used to work but since the current software updates it has lost the ability to sync the sound.

We recently uploaded all the information on the Roku devices we are using. I have multiple devices in different rooms of the house, and I've already confirmed we are mirroring the correct device.

Thanks,

@Rhering254 

0 Kudos
Larryspro

Haha Roku trying to sound like they’re competant. Not one answer, just please supply serial number and model. 8 pages long. This company’s customer service is a joke. 

JamerLF

This procedure does get the sound working on Roku using AirPlay.  I did a little more experimenting. 

1) Turn leveling off, sound comes back on. Actually, just cycle  the Volume Mode menu (on,night,off) and press * button and you can leave leveling on.

2) Next commercial interruption, sound does not play after the commercial ends (using NBC Nightly News) 

3) Turn leveling off again, sound comes back.

This is definitely tied to the transition back to the content video.  I don’t really want to leave my sound leveling off.   

bbryantf

Re: No sound when using AirPlay

I found that if you just restart the Roku device, the audio will be restored. Now why it disconnects is a Roku support issue.

0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for contributing solutions.

I had the same problem using Airplay from an iMac (running Sonoma 14.3.1) to a ROKU 3820X on an older Vizio VA26C HDTV.  Checked all the obvious thing.  Clearly an issue with the ROKU/Airplay connection, i.e., sound fine running several different videos on the iMac, and no sound problems when streaming anything directly from the ROKU to the TV.  

I played around with all suggestions in this thread and here's the combination that solved it for me:

Press * and turn off sound leveling (didn't work on its own)

Restart the TV and the ROKU (Not sure this is necessary, but I did it, so throwing it in here)

Settings>Audio>Preferred Streaming Format>  Auto (didn't work until I changed the last thing:

Settings>Audio>Digital Output Format > Custom>DTS> On

Thanks to all who posted and I hope this is useful to someone else. 

BRAAAAAVOOOOO!!! This worked!!!!

0 Kudos

Hey thanks i was about to send someone a email threat 🤗 i was very patient though so i appreacite the knowledge.

Yimmik67

Thank you so much!  Turning off “Sound Leveling” worked!

0 Kudos