Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john770

No search function on website or device?

Jump to solution

I have just got myself a new roku express 4K but I cant find a search function for apps or channels either on the website or on the roku itself which is making it impossible to find a lot of the apps I want to install. I am in the UK and from what I have read the search function should be available in my country (although I don't see why it should be disabled in some countries and not others)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No search function on website or device?

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @john770.

We understand that the search function on your Roku disappeared. We're here to provide information.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. Suppose channels in your region are not available. In that case, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account created in a different area where the channel provider may not offer that channel.

When creating your account, you should make sure that you are using an internet connection in the correct region. You can check your IP address's reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com. If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve it.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account.
For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

This usually happens when the Roku account is associated with the wrong region which can happen from a few causes - if the account is created in one country and then the user moves to another, the account was created while using a VPN or something else that masked the true location, or if there was some kind of browser cookie issue.  If you click on the following link, are you redirected to a channel store in a different region?  Check the region that's displayed in the bottom right corner of the webpage.

https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/browse

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @john770.

We understand that the search function on your Roku disappeared. We're here to provide information.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. Suppose channels in your region are not available. In that case, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account created in a different area where the channel provider may not offer that channel.

When creating your account, you should make sure that you are using an internet connection in the correct region. You can check your IP address's reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com. If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve it.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account.
For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.