Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp144
Streaming Star

Ability to Sort the Save List in the Roku Channel app

Jump to solution

When I add shows to my Save List I have no way to sort the save list either manually, alphabetically, or otherwise. Now that I have 26 shows on the Save List it can be quite annoying having to scroll through it trying to find a show I flagged to watch 3 or 4 months ago.

Is there a way to sort the Save List?

btw, an example of an excellent list is the Watchlist in the Plex app. You can sort that by: Date Added, Title, Release Date, Audience Rating, Critic Rating. I often sort it by Audience Rating and watch the best made films first. 

Seems a shame that there is absolutely no sorting option whatsoever in Roku that I can find.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ability to Sort the Save List

Jump to solution

Thanks for stopping by here in the Roku Community, @jp144.

We understand that this feature will be more convenient when it is on your Roku.

While this feature is still not supported across all Roku devices, we are thankful you brought this insightful idea to our table. As a valued customer, we appreciate it, and we'll take this as feedback to improve our services and give you the best streaming experience at home.

In the meantime, you can check out Roku's latest updates and future releases here in our Roku Blog.

Let us know if you have further concerns; we will assist you.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for stopping by here in the Roku Community, @jp144.

We understand that this feature will be more convenient when it is on your Roku.

While this feature is still not supported across all Roku devices, we are thankful you brought this insightful idea to our table. As a valued customer, we appreciate it, and we'll take this as feedback to improve our services and give you the best streaming experience at home.

In the meantime, you can check out Roku's latest updates and future releases here in our Roku Blog.

Let us know if you have further concerns; we will assist you.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jp144
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you Emman (@RokuEmmanuel-D). I am sure the ability to sort the Save List in meaningful ways would be enormously popular with other Roku customers, as well as attract new customers to the platform. 

Best Regards,
Jay

jp144
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

PS @RokuEmmanuel-D . Here is a photo of the Plex Watchlist with the ability to sort “By Audience Rating”. I’ve been using that Plex sort the most as it saves me a lot of time on IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes trying to figure out if a movie’s worth watching.

Note that it seems to link to the free Rotten Tomatoes API (your developers should know what an API is).

BTW most of these movies are on the Roku Channel, and I would prefer to watch them there, rather than on Plex. But this Watchlist is just so much better than Roku’s that I can’t help but be drawn to it.

I know your developers are smart though. I’m sure they can come up with something just as good if not better. But in my opinion if you just started with the options of sorting by Title or Audience Rating that would be good enough for me, and likely most other customers!

Thanks again,
Jay

IMG_1731.jpeg

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.