Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrap
Channel Surfer

Can't update, connect via wi-fi or update manually

I am also having this issue. Every time I try to input the code from the site, I get "invalid response code". I have tried reseting the TV, which gave a new code, but have not been able to get the software to update. I was hoping that I would be able to get the TV fully set up after getting the software updated, as another comment had suggested. Did anyone ever find a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't update, connect via wi-fi or update manually

@mrap, I assume you're trying a manual update.  Can you try another computer or browser or a private/incognito browser window?  I've often had problems with various Roku websites and sometimes that helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mrap
Channel Surfer

The website works fine. The TV is saying that the code that Roku is providing on the website is invalid.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@mrap, sorry.  I thought it was step 3 that was tripping you up where you enter the code shown on the TV into the website form.  I assume you make it past there and it's the next step?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mrap
Channel Surfer

@renojim Correct. The TV shows an error after entering the code that the website produces. I’ve tried multiple USB sticks, as well. I’m thinking there may be a problem with the main board on the TV.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.