Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Me52
Channel Surfer

New device error code 006

With code 006. What if all you have is a Verizon wireless internet box. No other source of internet. Signal strength says excellent. #roku. I am attempting to purchase a movie to rent. Many charges, but no movie due to this error. You guys can do better.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New device error code 006

Hi @Me52,

Greetings from the Roku Community

We understand that you're experiencing an error updating your device. We'd like to know how we can help.

Have you tried using an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're able to update your device?

If the issue persists, could you provide us with the serial number of the device that has the issue? We'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Me52
Channel Surfer

If you read my complaint. I only have a Verizon wireless internet box. No other internet. The box was turned off and restarted. Did this with the Roku as well. Your response was not effective in solving any issues. This far.. please try again.

0 Kudos
Me52
Channel Surfer

Serial 2108GNA001774A01511 

Not easy when this things against a wall.

0 Kudos
Me52
Channel Surfer

I responded and then responded again with the serial number. Do you have any resolve for my situation?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Me52, that's not the serial number he wants.  Look for the Roku serial number displayed under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Me52
Channel Surfer

Serial: X00000751PTL

This is the one inside Roku. Sorry, I did not realize there was another serial number.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku is not real consistent re where they put the serial number and where they put the device number. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Me52
Channel Surfer

Do we have any resolve for this situation?

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Me52

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

We understand that your TV is displaying code 006. However, in order to provide you with further assistance, we require additional information.

• How far is your device from your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?
  • How many devices do you have connected to your network right now?

If the issue still persists, we highly suggest contacting your internet service provider for further assistance.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos