Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max3191
Channel Surfer

Volume increments from 3-4 at a time

As everybody's already read about having any sound bar The volume increases by 3-4 at a time.

I Spent an hour and a half talking to a rep wouldn't escalate it unless we troubleshoot my TV. Then spoke to a supervisor who was just as bad.

Here's what they want a consumer to do instead of escalating it and not acknowledging the problem the within the community room and all over Google.

I think if I have to do that I should send a bill for about $500 an hour.

" This message is to follow-up regarding your TCL TV Model 55S455. For us to validate the reported concern with your TCL unit and determine the best next steps, please send the following requirements.

A picture of the reported issue (The image should show the entire TV and output should be clearly visible).

• A video recording of the reported issue (The provided recording should show the entire TV and clearly demonstrate the described symptom). 

• A picture of the white sticker at the back of the TCL unit (Image should clearly show the product's serial numbers).

Please let us know if you still have the original box. If necessary, we can send you a free box that you can use to ship your TCL unit to our Service Center.

We will not be able to proceed with your support request without these requirements.

Feel free to reply to this email if you have any questions."

What do you think?

I decided to post a complaint with better Business bureau you should too

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Volume increments from 3-4 at a time

@Max3191-

You may have received an upgrade to your Roku software, and you just need to restart your Roku. [Note: If you have a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning it off/on just puts it in/out of a standby mode and does not give you a full restart.]

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have a "Power" option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Max3191
Channel Surfer

I have done every possible option there is I've gone through it with Roku I've gone through it with everything that's on the community room that they tried about taking out the battery and holding the power button down and the remote that work but you turn it off turn it back on it's bad again.

The software needs to be changed because the TVs programming is looking for the same volume range as the TV you can Google that. When you use your ARC it jumps three to four increments if you use your optical you need two remotes if you use your auxiliary everything's fine cuz you're jumping speaker to speaker but thank you

Max3191
Channel Surfer

The TV does the output to the sound bars. It controls the sound bar. With ARC it jumps three to four increments. Again with optical you need a remote for your soundbar and a remote for your TV what good does that do. Again if you use auxiliary you jumpsticker to speaker there's not a single problem.

If there was a solution it would have been in this Roku room years ago. They don't want to deal with the problem they're shoving it under the carpet. It's very very sad it's very sad but like I told everybody

Go to the BBB and file your complaint

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.